Discuss >>>>> !!Bane and tony.towa's Cookbook Central!! <<<<< Daily in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A recipe with Spudmeister in mind.

Baked sage and pepper potatoes.

What you need

4 baking potatoes
1 red pepper
12-16 Sage leaves
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
Half teaspoon salt
Half teaspoon white pepper

What you do

Slice the potatoes to about quarter of an inch from the bottom and continue slices about quarter of an inch apart.
Quarter the red pepper and cut into fine strips.
Put one strip of pepper into each slice cut in the potatoes.
Put one sage leaf into every third slice cut into the potatoes.

Crush and very finely chop the garlic.
Mix the oil, salt, pepper and garlic together.
Brush the mixture evenly over the four potatoes.
Wrap and seal the potatoes in silver foil.
Bake for about an hour, or until cooked.

A bit desperate that Luke.

Why noy run her a hot bath (put some of those smellies from Lush in it) and then while she is in the bath prepare a meal for her. You will not need to help yourself then, she will do it for you!!!!!:cool::D;)

The next recipe set will be "THE SEDUCTION SURPRISE"

A bit desperate that Luke.

Why noy run her a hot bath (put some of those smellies from Lush in it) and then while she is in the bath prepare a meal for her. You will not need to help yourself then, she will do it for you!!!!!:cool::D;)

The next recipe set will be "THE SEDUCTION SURPRISE"

O please........ thats so last year darling

women want real men to throw them around and do the "sanchez" thing

This from the person who, according to milleniummel, was

"rushing off to wine and dine your other woman!"

Venison Steak Recipe

Ingredients

1 bottle of red wine
1 carrot
1 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
6 bay leaves
1 sprig of thyme
half teaspoon of black pepper
2 shallots per steak
Butter
2 tablespoons of cranberry jelly

What you do

In a large dish put the carrot (grated), the garlic (crushed and chopped), the onion (finely chopped), the bay leaves, the thyme (finely chopped0 and the black pepper. Pour in the red wine and mix . Marinade the venison steaks in this, in the fridge, for 24 hours turning the steaks over occasionally.

After 24 hours remove the steaks from the marinade.

In a frying pan gently fry the shallots, which have been cut in half from top to bottom. Do not allow the butter to burn (if you are worried about this add two teaspoons of olive oil). Allow the shallots to “melt down and add the cranberry jelly.
Pour the marinade through a sieve and add the liquid to the frying pan. Mix and reduce down to the consistency of tinned custard, stirring as you reduce it. Add the steaks and fry in the sauce fo 1 to 2 minutes on each side (1 min rare, 2 mins well done)

Serve meat with sauce poured over it.

New potatoes and broccoli go well with it

Cant cook, wont cook, dont want to cook, dont want to know how to cook.

Will only cook if I have to, means to an end, eat or die.

Good job Bigbird (girlfriend) can knock a little somthing up in the kitchen............. AND dinner is usually nice too !

Hi there Bane,

Not seen you around for a few days. Thought I might have killed you off with my coca cola and tomato sauce marinade!!!!

I know, I'm crap.

Didn't try your recipe yet mate, been too busy skydiving!

Went to BodyFlight in Bedford at the weekend. Great fun! I'll try and upload my dvd of it sometime (which probably means never).

And, I WILL post a recipe later.

Mrs Doctor says "thank you very much for the venison recipe Tony". We tried it out yesterday and it was great.

Pheasent season will be here soon so will be asking again. Bored with just roasting the darn things.

ps Bane, she said you are crap:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bl**dy h*ll Bane

Scuba diving, sky diving. Is it you don't like your feet on the land or are you just trying out any form of diving? (Second thoughts don't answer that!!!!) :eek::eek:

Glad the recipe was ok "Doc". Will see what I have got for pheasants. Will these be shot or run over by a Land Rover?

Land rover kill is a big NO NO. Several years ago myself and Mrs Doc were driving down a country lane and i hit a pheasant, went back and picked it up. Happy days, dinner tomorrow and puts it in foot well by Mrs Doc's feet after a lot of complaining. 5 minutes later stunned pheasant came back to the land of living with a lot of flapping. Mrs Doc screaming like a banshee with feet on dashboard. All this i could of been forgiven for but then i wrung pheasants neck and put it back in foot well and got a whack with a handbag round the side of the head.

Yes! It's official!

BANE IS CRAP! (Thanks Mrs. Doctor, you've clarified what many a person has been thinking since Jan 08)

Land rover kill is a big NO NO. Several years ago myself and Mrs Doc were driving down a country lane and i hit a pheasant, went back and picked it up. Happy days, dinner tomorrow and puts it in foot well by Mrs Doc's feet after a lot of complaining. 5 minutes later stunned pheasant came back to the land of living with a lot of flapping. Mrs Doc screaming like a banshee with feet on dashboard. All this i could of been forgiven for but then i wrung pheasants neck and put it back in foot well and got a whack with a handbag round the side of the head.

Very Funny (actually did make me laugh out loud)

Yes! It's official!

BANE IS CRAP! (Thanks Mrs. Doctor, you've clarified what many a person has been thinking since he was born)

for speed try a large hula hoop sarnie, 2 bits a bread peanut butter and a bag a hulas
perfect

MUSHROOM STUFFED PHEASANT
Serves 6

You will need:

1oz Butter
1 Tbsp Lime Marmalade
6 Pheasant Breasts (with skin on)

Mushroom Stuffing:
2oz Butter
3 Shallots (finely chopped)
12oz Button Mushrooms (coarsely chopped)
2oz Fresh white breadcrumbs
Salt and Black pepper
1 Egg (beaten)

Lime Sauce:
1/4 Pint chicken stock
Juice of 1 lime
200ml Creme fraiche
4 Tbsp Chopped parsley

1) Make mushroom stuffing: melt the butter in a saucepan, add the shallots and cook gently, stirring occasionally for 3-5mins until soft but not coloured

2) Add mushrooms and cook for 2mins then remove from the heat. Stir in the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper, then stir in the egg and leave to cool. Stuff the pheasant breasts (place stuffing between skin and meat)

3) Put pheasant breasts into a buttered roasting tin. Melt butter gently in a saucepan, add lime marmalade and heat gently, stirring, until combined. Brush over the breasts and cook in pre-heated oven for 35mins (or until golden brown and tender). Remove from tin and keep warm.

4) Make lime sauce. Put roasting tin on hob. Add stock and bring to a boil, then stir for 5mins or until reduced a little.

5) Stir in the lime juice and creme fraiche and heat gently, stirring constantly, until the sauce has a smooth, creamy consistency.

6) Add half of the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the lime sauce and garnish with the remaining parsley

bane mrs beaton would be so proud,that sounds real good ,if i had a pheasant i might try it ,carry on the good work ,and why arnt you out working?

Reply to >>>>> !!Bane and tony.towa's Cookbook Central!! <<<<< Daily in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock