Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom dimming sensor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brizospark

Customer has asked for a right awkward one - they want bathroom lighting installed as below

9 x LED GU10 Downlights
Mirror Light
LED Plinth Lighting
In-Line Fan

OK so straightforward enough until they have requested no switch but an occupancy sensor, but not just any occupancy sensor!

They want during the day to walk in and all lights / fan to come on but during the night let's say from 10pm onwards they want to walk in and the lights to come on dim only so that they don't get woken up when they get up through the night for the loo!

So basically the daytime thing is a piece of cake but at night probably only the GU10s at maybe 30%, no fan or other lighting.

Does anyone know what equipment I can use to achieve this ?

21YH8HUzI7L._AA160_.jpgtry this? orr... 220px-Sturdy,_durable,_plastic_potty_of_classic_design.JPG

The fan might be mandatory whatever the lighting state. You could probably make an integrated and flexible solution with a couple of modules from e.g. Mode Lighting but the most cost effective might be a timeswitch with a volt-free contact to bypass a dimmer during the day but put it in circuit at night. Or likewise with ELV controls if you have that option with external drivers to the LEDs.

Reply to Bathroom dimming sensor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need a bit of advice. My client is asking for a rather silly lighting setup in his bathroom and I am struggling to understand...
Replies
Views
Hi, Some advice would be appreciated… I have 4 downlights in the bathroom and want to add a motion sensor to turn on just one if everything is...
Replies
Views
I've done my research to find the correct components but it kinda messy.. Does anyone have experience with dimming outdoor lights, specifically...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently have two switches in my bathroom. One controls the lights above the sink and the other controls a light above the toilet and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock