Discuss Bathroom Light Recommendations (LED equivalent) in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

aesmith

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
Currently just have one light in the bathroom ceiling, a shallow dome with 13W mini fluorescent bulb. The room is 3.65m x2.30m. The ceiling is relatively low at 2.15m. We want the room brighter, and I think the best solution is going to two lights rather than just one brighter one. Maybe even two, each with the same output as the existing.
So my two questions are firstly how to compare specifications, what sort of lumens of lux am I looking for in an LED light to match the output from a 13W fluorescent. The exact bulb (copied from the order when I replaced it is "BIAX GE F13DBX/865/2p 13W daylight 6500k 2 pin").
The other question is to ask for recommendations for actual products, obviously they need to suitable for a bathroom. I'd prefer a plain design just a simple shallow dome or drum shape. Would prefer decent products as if one dies it's not like just swapping a bulb.
A family member uses "Ansell Disco Slim" fittings, I don't know whether they have the 7W or 13W, what is the view on these?
Finally I see some identical looking lights described as "Corridor Function", what is that?

Thanks, Tony S

Reply to Bathroom Light Recommendations (LED equivalent) in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 16 ceiling spots to be replaced in a room being repurposed as a bathroom. Some will be over a shower, basin and bath hence need to be IP65...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Ive got an old T5 (or4?) fitting to change to LED, but its built into the kitchen cabinet between two shelves of glass. Is there any like this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am restoring an old art deco, wall mount medicine cabinet. The cabinet has an 18” fluorescent light tube on each side. Before I put a lot...
Replies
Views
I'm encountering a problem with the lighting in my kitchen. I reside in an apartment that has a light fixture utilizing 2 T8 fluorescent bulbs...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock