Discuss Bathroom lighting problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lepoidm

Hi all,

After some sugestions and help please.

The client want a down light in their shower cubical where there is no lighting and 3 walls are tiled, not a problem I hear you all cry.

Here is the problem,

The height of the ceiling is 2200mm therefore making it zone 1. And the roof construction is a flat roof. The clearance between plasterboard and roof is a little over 125mm. I haven't been able to find a recessed down light that can fit in this space... Nor will I...

So does any one know of any lights that can be surfaced mounted with the required IP rating of IPx5? Ideally spots a bit like the surface mounted ones under cupboards in kitchens.

Have thought about a wall light, but simular issue. 2 walls are stud and 1is external wall.

Thanks for you help

Thanks Ruston, the problem is that will only have 25 mm clearance from the back of the fitting to the roof. Most manufactures fittings just won't meet the required clearance

Yeah they will fit but normally they specify 50 mm or so clearance from the top of the fitting, this would fit it the void but only have 19mm clearance for the timber of the flat roof. Cracking light though.... Liking them

Looking at the manual for the JCC you can lat loft insulation over them so can't see an air gap of 19mm being an issue.

If they're solely LED then there should be no problems with thermal stuff etc. I like them JCC lights.

Interesting..... Shame about the price..... Ok for shower, shame they aren't bit cheaper....I'd use them as standard......look brilliant.

Its for one fitting isn't it.

Surely for the one, when nothing else will do, its a no brainer, surely

Yup! Defo no brainier for one unit..... But not for house that want 15 to 20. People just won't understand the difference between thoses and the cheap £3 crap from Screwfix etc

Thought about led strip lighting ?
Possibly round the edge of ceiling would give a wall wash. Quite a few are ip rated and encapsulated so almost submersible. I used some in a hairdressers round the sink areas and worked a treat. The ip ones are not cheap though but it would tick the boxes without too much agro fitting.

Thought about led strip lighting ?
Possibly round the edge of ceiling would give a wall wash. Quite a few are ip rated and encapsulated so almost submersible. I used some in a hairdressers round the sink areas and worked a treat. The ip ones are not cheap though but it would tick the boxes without too much agro fitting.

You know what, I have never used them yet. No one asked for them yet. Where do you get yours from in the past please?

Reply to Bathroom lighting problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock