Discuss Best cable price around in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

fraz

-
Reaction score
Wheres everyone buying t+e cable from. Prices constantly increasing and cannot find a great deal from wholesalers. Would buy in bulk at the right price but not sure where to go

What do you call a great deal, I don't buy much twin so never really looking for bargains with it.
What are you paying now.

Would buy in bulk at the right price but not sure where to go
What do you mean by "bulk"?
If you're talking tens of kms, then I guess you can probably do direct deals, otherwise it's about getting the best price out of your regular wholesaler/s. TLC are usually keenly priced, so you can do a lot worse than use them as a benchmark for your wholesaler to beat, then you probably get 2.5% settlement, which makes it sweeter still.

Guess it comes down to how much you want or do you want just a couple of rolls of 1.5, 2.5, maybe 6 and 10? possibly some single 6491 in 10 or 16mm? I bought some 10mm for some bonding from CEF this week, only as they were within walking distance and traffic is horrendous at moment here so was quick. turned out to be cheaper than the website and actually cheapest in town! which for cef is saying something.
If you buy a few rolls i would imagine your local wholesalers would give you a discount. also if you buy a few different rolls, There is a Yesss in Aberdeen near you, try them and in past they have always been willing to knock a bit off for a large purchase or price match other suppliers. If you open a screwfix electricfix account, they will give you 10% off your first order.

I’m looking to buy 6000 metres of twin and earth. Just want to get the best deal
What have you been quoted on those quantities?

I know for many wholesalers there isn't much profit in 1.5/2.5 T&E so there's not that much they can do with the price...but for an order that'll be well into 5 figures in total I'm sure they will make an effort at getting it.

That is shocking we are paying 45 at the minute
Thanks for confirming

I actually ordered a box of my usual supplier, so I'll be able to see how much it costs in a few weeks when the bill comes in.

It is vulgar to speak of money with my usual supplier.

I usually get preferential treatment in my usual wholesalers. They do a sideline in selling high end chandeliers, I often chuckle to myself when middle aged toffee nosed women look at me walking around the place.

We
Thanks for confirming

I actually ordered a box of my usual supplier, so I'll be able to see how much it costs in a few weeks when the bill comes in.

It is vulgar to speak of money with my usual supplier.

I usually get preferential treatment in my usual wholesalers. They do a sideline in selling high end chandeliers, I often chuckle to myself when middle aged toffee nosed women look at me walking around the place.
got hit for 85 pound a box from yesss craigavon but due to my boss nearly having a heart attack over it we have moved suppliers lol

We

got hit for 85 pound a box from yesss craigavon but due to my boss nearly having a heart attack over it we have moved suppliers lol
It's funny, Yess rang me last week looking for me to start using them, I politely declined.

It was CEW in Newry that stung me, but in fairness, I don't use them much. So I can't be expecting great discounts.

I think my CEF account has been closed due to inactivity.

There's a few guys who swear by them, and if you put high volumes through them then the discounts can really kick in.

I just drifted away from them because they're on the far side of the town, and I can't leave the site for too long. My usual supplier is a couple of hundred yards up the road.

My usual supplier sources from WES, Greenville and Edmundsons in Belfast for me.

I will also say that uni-trunk in Lisburn is a disaster to deal with.

Screwfix are probably the best price around for cable if you like Prysmian, personally I will not use anything else but there are differing views, if you are buying that much you should get a 10%+ discount. My local independant suppliers cannot touch them on cable prices.

Reply to Best cable price around in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net