Discuss Best Cordless Drill Screw Driver Bits in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

V

Vitesse

I use my Bosch Professional Cordless Drill a lot, it's the 18v one and I love it. I used it today on some Pozi drive screws in a fence post that must have been put in by Guy the Gorilla a few years back and were about 4 inches long and it totally mashed some bits trying to get them out, I got them out eventually.

Can anyone recommend any decent hardened bits and a supplier. I am not really interested in a set but individual bits that I use the most like Pozi and Phillips. Or a set maybe is the way to go if recommend.

My mate a builder gave me some PZ2 Bosch ones that he recommended that are gold in colour. They are pretty pricey for what they are, just wondered what other people thoughts are? Are they any good or can you recommend anything else? I willing to pay that little bit extra if they are worth it.

There are loads of cheap ones out there but most of them are pretty much useless on a screw that is not happy to come out.

Tony

the impact driver ones are more expensive but stronger.

dewalt impact are ok.

if they were 4" thats odd normally there pz3.

i tend to use wera on tek screws etc, makita gold bits are supposed to be good but expensive at around £1 each

Last edited:
wera diamond, get in toolstation
or a dewalt box of 20 for a fiver in screwfix, they not bad and no much loss if you mess up some bits.

wera diamond, get in toolstation
or a dewalt box of 20 for a fiver in screwfix, they not bad and no much loss if you mess up some bits.

Cheers all for your recommendations. I was speaking to a spark in a suppliers today and he also said Wera, so may give them a go.

I'm in and out of there all the time. Have just moved from East Croydon to selsdon so a bit further to drive but still the closest!

Nice one LF I moved out from Beckenham to Westerham 18 years ago. I love it out here most of my work is local and pretty rural, so a lot of TT properties. So Westerham, Brasted, Sundridge, Sevenoaks, Biggin Hill, Edenbridge etc... So I don't tend to tread on your new turf too often:smiley2:. Would be nice to get some of that rich money in Woldingham though!

Still a Palace supporter though! Good times getting even better!:icon4:

Tony

it was in low gear, I couldn't be a***d to go to van and get a corded drill which I normally would use, last hole, it'll be all right.Four years old, local repair shop said Bosch eventually said couldn't get replacement motor. I don't force tools anymore.

it was in low gear, I couldn't be a***d to go to van and get a corded drill which I normally would use, last hole, it'll be all right.Four years old, local repair shop said Bosch eventually said couldn't get replacement motor. I don't force tools anymore.
you would be better off using an impact driver. drills are not very good and putting screws in they tend to overheat

What I should have said to OP is that his drill bits failed before the drill. If he goes for stronger his cordless could suffer instead.4" screws on fencing have a lot of friction to overcome.

I agree shanky , OP said he used a cordless drill to get screw out so I assumed it was a combi. I used my cordless drill to make hole for screw.To my mind the same load is encountered powering a 6mm HSS drill bit as taking out a 12 g x4" and could also end the drill motor. My Bosch came as a pair with GDR impact which I still use most days of the week.

Last edited:

Reply to Best Cordless Drill Screw Driver Bits in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock