Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss best fan for kitchen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ExArmy

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

What do you think the best type of extractor fan is best for a kitchen? timer off the lights, humidistat, humidistat and timer?

I can only fit a 4" one, i know 6" is better and i would but it has to fit into an existing duct. a 4" fan will satisfy building regs so thats all that matters anyway.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
M

mayfair

Least complicated the better its only going to get full of grease.

Resu

-
Mentor
Arms
We recently fitted a normal fan in a new build kitchen controlled by a lightswitch only (customers request). Just another option for ya!

Richard Burns

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I'd go with the manually operated fan, is it for a hob or the kitchen generally?
I can't get a 60l/s 4" centrifugal fan.

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
TBH I'd say just run it off it's own switch if it's for domestic use. When the steaks and toast are burning a humidistat will not pick it up and if the kettle is boiling the fan may come on when not needed. If you can get one with variable speed it may suit better.

What sort of kitchen is it? Domestic or commercial and what does the customer want?

Last edited:

ExArmy

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd go with the manually operated fan, is it for a hob or the kitchen generally?
I can't get a 60l/s 4" centrifugal fan.
regs say 30 don't they? infact no i've just checked you'r right. well looks like i'm gonna have to run some ducting accross the top of the units and connect up to the extractor hood, if the fan is above the hob it can be 30L/S

M

MarkieSparkie

regs say 30 don't they? infact no i've just checked you'r right. well looks like i'm gonna have to run some ducting accross the top of the units and connect up to the extractor hood, if the fan is above the hob it can be 30L/S
The extractor fan should be mounted as high on the wall as practical and preferably less than 400mm below the ceiling.
Intermittent Extraction:- 30 litres/second adjacent to hob. 60 litres/second elsewhere in kitchen.
Continuous Extraction:- 13 litres/second.
Building Regulations Approved Document F:2010 Tables 5.1a & 5.2a

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to best fan for kitchen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom