Discuss Best GU10 Bulbs for this space in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We've got an electrician coming to fit some lights in a 8m x 5m converted barn next week.

We've got 6x 3 bulb spotlight bars to install, 3 down each side, equally spaced. There's beams 1/3 and 2/3 of the way across so basically each sixth of the space will have one spotlight bar above it.

I was going to order Hue LEDs as we've got some in the house and they're excellent, however getting 18 of them is not cheap.

Online calculators tell me that we need 1000-1400 lumens of light from the 18 LEDs.

I've found some GU10s which knock out 850 lumens.

Anyone recommend anything in particular before I spend £150 on something stupid?

Reply to Best GU10 Bulbs for this space in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views
Years ago, I cut off the front end of my 1970 Pontiac Catalina before I drove it to the junkyard. I created a bracket and mounted it to my garage...
Replies
Views
A coach building company I do work for built a posh "burger van" for a customer. now I put 14 GU10 Downlights into this space which I and...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 led spotlight bar left over that i would like to stick some flex and a plug on instead of wiring into the lighting circuit. The bulbs...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm not an electrician but trying to research the following issue for our lighting needs : I am replacing GU10 halogen lights with LED...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock