Discuss Best IP65 adaptable box with Din rail for outside placement. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Andy C

-
Reaction score
Hi All,

Quick question, I am going to provide a supply to the above from the far side of a house to intern supply 32A to a large hot tub and also a supply for some later outside lighting and maybe a patio heater. What reliable box would you suggest? It must have a din rail and 2 connection points/rails for neutral and earth bars. The connections to the box will be max 3 small armoured cables all bottom entry.

I am having difficulty finding one to suit my purpose and hope you more experienced types out there have fitted something similar.

Hi All,

Quick question, I am going to provide a supply to the above from the far side of a house to intern supply 32A to a large hot tub and also a supply for some later outside lighting and maybe a patio heater. What reliable box would you suggest? It must have a din rail and 2 connection points/rails for neutral and earth bars. The connections to the box will be max 3 small armoured cables all bottom entry.

I am having difficulty finding one to suit my purpose and hope you more experienced types out there have fitted something similar.
Adaptable Boxes | City Electrical Factors - http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/categories/cable-accessories-adaptable-boxes
Fill yer boots fit your own Din rail to your hearts content

If you're using a DIN rail why not use DIN rail terminals for the N & E?

For Adaptable box with din rail connections read.

Adaptable box
Length of din rail.
Suitable Dinrail connectors.

3 circuits, what about Ocpd / Rcbo?

What about Garage unit as Andy78, mounted within a large Adaptable box if you don't want them easily accessable.

Just read you want small.
Looks like small adaptable box with Choc blocks in it then.

F0MJVV7G68GYF9L.MEDIUM.jpg

For Adaptable box with din rail connections read.

Adaptable box
Length of din rail.
Suitable Dinrail connectors.

3 circuits, what about Ocpd / Rcbo?

What about Garage unit as Andy78, mounted within a large Adaptable box if you don't want them easily accessable.

Just read you want small.
Looks like small adaptable box with Choc blocks in it then.

I could mount it quite high so you would need to stand on something to access it.
If I used an IP 65 garage unit then it would be easier but rule out any further expansion. I wanted the RCD outside and was going to take the supply from a non protected 32amp breaker in the main consumer unit to prevent RCDs in series and discrimination issues.

I wanted to keep it as small as possible.
why have something with a din rail in then if you want i small why not just get something like
Adaptable Box IP65 110 x 110 x 67mm - http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/adaptable-box-ip65-110-x-110-x-67mm/17962
has termination points to connect cables to.

how many RCDs/MCBs would you be putting on the DIN Rail?

Wylex IP65 Insulated Enclosure With Visor - http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/wylex-ip65-insulated-enclosure-with-visor/74436

Reply to Best IP65 adaptable box with Din rail for outside placement. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net