Discuss Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Best Brands?

• Dewalt

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • Bosch

Votes: 127 25.7%
  • Makita

Votes: 196 39.6%
  • Hilti

Votes: 67 13.5%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm looking to buy power tools as been working for while as mate with just hand tools. What would you recommend if money was no object?? Probably looking for sds and maybe small ish combi for other tasks!! Would Hilti be a good investment, or Bosch

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are all missing the best power tool brand around, have none of nyou ever used Milwaukee gear. This stuff is fantastic, a real professionals tool. Metal gearboxes not plastic like dewalt, expensive yes but the best always is.

Dewalt = Overrated tommy walsh toys
Hilti = Great demolition gear
Makita = Middle of the road
Ryobi = great DIY stuff not day in day out professional
Bosch = Just say no

Used Makita's,Dewalts,Metabo's for years and personally found that Dewalt are the topdog,Metabo's 2nd and Makitas 3rd.Not used any of the others so wouldnt like to coment.

Hey everyone!! Pete here from Dublin im a 29 year old sparks and a self confessed tool junky! Realy jealous of all the new li ion drills and impact drivers etc every1 keeps turning up on site with, realy impressed with the makita 18v 3.0ah range also with the 14.4v pansonic 3.0ah gear particarully the impact driver its a beast! in light of my jealousy ive been abusing my old Dewalt combi drill and 24v sds but they just wont break or die! grrr! Kinda fancy a change from dewalt, tho reading how loyal you all are to your brands of choice and thr fact that despite my best efforts my dewalt gear just wont die may have to go for the yellow and black brand again! tho tempted by AEG's life time guarantee, there as heavy as the gear i have now tho there the cheepest 3.0ah li ion range! hmmmmmmm what to do?

-Dewalt 9/10 overall good tools try for the german made stuff
-Makita 8/10 18v range is very good, great batts look after them and they wont let you down
-Panasonic 9.5/10 sparks need all metal chucks trunking wrecks plastic sleeve chucks!
-Metabo 7.5/10 hit and miss there newist li ion stuff is good
-Hilti 10/10 for corded tools every1 knows there stuff is great tho there cordless tools got left behind when every1 else moved from nicd and nimh to li ion tho the have recently done a deal with panasonic to do there batts so watch this space! very expensive tho!!!!! even on there stupid lease thingy!
-Ryobi 6/10 used to be a decent cheeper option till every relised that and now they cost the same as the pro gear! get it together ryobi
-Hitachi 7/10 The power of the gods!!! until they break and they will!
-Millwaulkee 8/10 Good stuff made by tti parent Co to AEG, Ryobi, Metabo, Rigid, Atlas. its there prem brand
-AEG 8/10 for value for money!
-Festool 9/10 (chippys tools to expensive to bring on or let out of ur site)
-Protool 10/10 festools big mean bro if your in germany or can find this stuff on line its the best in the bizz
-

recently bought a makita 18v combi dill, re conditioned of ebay with 2 batts and a load of bits. less then £100 and cant fault it. batts charge up in about an hour and last long enough for the other to charge when doing lots of heavy drilling lol

A while back I bought a cheap sds drill for £40. only wanted it to do some quick house work but it's lasted a lot longer than expected. Even lent it to builders who where surprised when I said it was from argos!!!!! Still going strong and used it almost every day. Only fault is you cant lock the chiesel so chasing walls is not as neat as I would like as the chiesel tends to move slightly. But for £40.... can't really complain.

Hey everyone!! Pete here from Dublin im a 29 year old sparks and a self confessed tool junky! Realy jealous of all the new li ion drills and impact drivers etc every1 keeps turning up on site with, realy impressed with the makita 18v 3.0ah range also with the 14.4v pansonic 3.0ah gear particarully the impact driver its a beast! in light of my jealousy ive been abusing my old Dewalt combi drill and 24v sds but they just wont break or die! grrr! Kinda fancy a change from dewalt, tho reading how loyal you all are to your brands of choice and thr fact that despite my best efforts my dewalt gear just wont die may have to go for the yellow and black brand again! tho tempted by AEG's life time guarantee, there as heavy as the gear i have now tho there the cheepest 3.0ah li ion range! hmmmmmmm what to do?

-Dewalt 9/10 overall good tools try for the german made stuff
-Makita 8/10 18v range is very good, great batts look after them and they wont let you down
-Panasonic 9.5/10 sparks need all metal chucks trunking wrecks plastic sleeve chucks!
-Metabo 7.5/10 hit and miss there newist li ion stuff is good
-Hilti 10/10 for corded tools every1 knows there stuff is great tho there cordless tools got left behind when every1 else moved from nicd and nimh to li ion tho the have recently done a deal with panasonic to do there batts so watch this space! very expensive tho!!!!! even on there stupid lease thingy!
-Ryobi 6/10 used to be a decent cheeper option till every relised that and now they cost the same as the pro gear! get it together ryobi
-Hitachi 7/10 The power of the gods!!! until they break and they will!
-Millwaulkee 8/10 Good stuff made by tti parent Co to AEG, Ryobi, Metabo, Rigid, Atlas. its there prem brand
-AEG 8/10 for value for money!
-Festool 9/10 (chippys tools to expensive to bring on or let out of ur site)
-Protool 10/10 festools big mean bro if your in germany or can find this stuff on line its the best in the bizz
-

Sorry for the naive question but iam in the move to buy a hilti compo SFH 144-A+SID with 3 CPC 2.6 batteries.The batteries is Lithium.So why you mention here that the hilti is not yet moved to Li ion? Can you tel me what do you mean and with what other batteries you compare them?
Tnx

The Hilti range is now almost completely lith-ion, they are just getting rid of the last lots of Ni-cad hence all the deals on with their existing cordless stuff at the moment on their website.
As for the Protool stuff Peter it's amazing i've got the small lith 10v quaddrive drill driver makes HSS drilling a breeze with the fourth gear 3800rpm! turns metal molten if you leave it on too long :), the other bonus is that all Festool batteries and accessories are interchangeable. Cheers

Akku-Bohrschrauber QuaDrive

Sorry hadnt realised Hilti had moved so much of there range over to li ion, typical palming off there old stock on the Irish, certanly hilti build quality with li ion would place them back to the top of the pile!........tho, and this is just my opinion got agree with pennywise the Protool gear is out of this world!

I agree hilti,
the only problem is the torque setting which is preset ,the larger drills seem to cut out too easy with say 25mm
sds or 75mm hole saw

yours benji

Hey selspark, yeah gota agree one of the lads i work with got a load of panasonic gear, the 28v sds is so so good! and the white and black looks cool too! the 14.4v impact driver has to be the best impact driver going! also the 14.4v metal cutting saw is deadly for cutting unistrut and treaded bar and even plunge cuts in trunking for making up headers! just keep some profile handy for the jagged egdes! I seen on anglia tool centres website they do a 21v hammer screwgun (which id be intested in as a sparks cause just dont think anything less than 18v cuts the mustard for our trade what with large diameter holesaws and doing loads of holes with auger bits!) only gripe would be they have plastic sleeve chuck which is to keep the weight and balance of the tool tho gets wrecked when drlling into metal trunking! tho until i get my hands on one and try it for myself id recomend the 18v protool hammer action drill it realy is miles ahead of anything else out there and that inclueds Hilti!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

would have to say bosch, but used loads of ryobi gear whilst working for that company(not the power tools division), and some of the stuff was really good.i think in the end you get what you pay for

Reply to Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock