Discuss Best torque/electric torque screwdriver set? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

IAmSparkytus!

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking to purchase one of the above.

Preferably an electric torque if there's such a thing? One I found on the Web said it only tightened to 0.2nM and then had to be manually tightened after that.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

If you are talking about a Vde torque screwdriver than they are all much of a muchness , I have used the Wiha , Draper , Armeg , Wiha and Engex ( I don't own all of these just had a go with them on-site when working with other sparks )

They all do exact the same thing

As above if you already have say a Wera set then just buy the handle

I have an Engex set and I've never noticed replacement parts being available. (Someone prove me wrong...please!)
The other makes Dusty mentioned seem to manage that, even Draper.
So it might be a worth checking this aspect before making final decision.

i have a wiha torque handle for sale, lost the pack of bits though. handle comes with adjuster tool. easy to set torque. not electric, wiil research cost later.

I have an Engex set and I've never noticed replacement parts being available. (Someone prove me wrong...please!)
The other makes Dusty mentioned seem to manage that, even Draper.
So it might be a worth checking this aspect before making final decision.
I'm pretty sure Engex is CEF's version of Armeg, not sure if armeg spares are available though.

I’ve got a Wiha torque driver, but it uses the slimmer bits than any other screwdriver bits.

Just buying the handle, you may have the wrong size bits.

Although, for CUs, you will only ever need the +/-
Size 2

wiha bits were great till they shortened them to fit in handles. (apart from their nasty habit of falling out, usually when you are up a ladder).

I'm pretty sure Engex is CEF's version of Armeg, not sure if armeg spares are available though.
be careful with these. i bought the armeg one, wanted to use it at work, car factory. our quality guy asked for proof it was VDE tested so i got in touch with armeg and they gave me a certificate number. turned out the certificate number was the one their Chinese supplier gave them and i didn't exist on the vde database
looks like the engex one is the same tool so ..........

be careful with these. i bought the armeg one, wanted to use it at work, car factory. our quality guy asked for proof it was VDE tested so i got in touch with armeg and they gave me a certificate number. turned out the certificate number was the one their Chinese supplier gave them and i didn't exist on the vde database
looks like the engex one is the same tool so ..........

Did you follow up with Armeg?

I'd be interested in finding out what, if anything, they did about this.

If you want the cheapest that is usable, the Draper one is hard to beat in my opinion. On Prime day it was up for £45ish, but even at £69 its cheaper than most of the options out there.

It covers the range you are likely to need on most jobs. (1-5Nm)

You will need to get the +/- bits separately.

Handily, the Wera blades will fit the draper handle, which means there is more choice of replacements - the Draper won't fit properly the other way, they don't lock, presumably so that Wera don't lose business...

If you are going to use it constantly, one of the 'bigger' brands is probably worth it, but for occasional use it's ideal.

Reply to Best torque/electric torque screwdriver set? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock