Discuss bit of a plumbing / electrical query... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

teknojon

Hi all,

got a little stuck finishing off someone else's job.

Here's the scenario - there's a Worcester 30cdi system boiler, connected via 5 core cable to a junction box. The junction box has 5 core leading to a controller Honeywell ST9400c programmer, Santon Premiere plus PP170b (hot water tank and immersion combined) with hot water valve
and central heating valve (upstairs radiators) both Honeywell 272848 (here only the valves link to the junction box)
then another 5 core leaves the junction box to the downstairs underfloor heating. there will be 4 underfloor heating zones in total - each with respective room thermostat.
I have followed the wiring diagrams for all the upstairs system, but there is nothing for the down stairs set up..... i assumed the downstairs underfloor heating valve Honeywell V404H1056 would be wired exactly like the upstairs central heating valve (with the 5 core) but there is a pump there too - a Grundfos UPS 25-60-130...
how does this figure - the plumber had put a socket on the 2 core and earth wire (presumably to test if it worked) -

my question(s) is how should this link to the central heating system? Does it require it's own supply and then a junction box downstairs that would trigger the pump when the programmer sends the signal to the downstairs valve?
do i try and figure where the phase should go from the 5 core linked to the downstairs valve?

I don't normally get too involved with boilers etc, just your general rewires - this is interesting stuff but the poor plumber hasn't a clue as to how to wire it..

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Reply to bit of a plumbing / electrical query... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net