Discuss Blackberry phone in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

got an oldish bb8800 and want to upgrade. not sure if I want to stay with bb though, originally got it due to email capabilities at the time. like the look of the 9700.
want mobile internet access, note and calander functionality but mainly fast text entry and am dubious of touch screen keyboards but like their large screen for browsing. cant win can you.
what other phones did you guys consider.

It's ultimately personal preference, though it seems to fall into three main camps, or four if you count those that just want a phone for phone calls - how quaint! Lol!

Essentially, iPhone does a fair job of almost everything, but is fragile. Availability is also an issue in places.

Android is probably the one with the most potential, and the pending update to 2.3 Gingerbread OS is promising even better things than 2.2 Froyo did. However, it isn't a business phone by any means the way BB is. It's weak on email, although it does it, and weak on sensible business apps overall, but that is slowly changing - things that let it down are still really things like the keyboard, although 2.3 will fix that some.

Blackberry is probably still THE phone for email, and BBOS6 has made many improvements to what was already a capable, if basic OS. The Torch is getting fairly good reviews overall.

Phone choice - well, iPhone 3GS or 4, if you want iTunes, media, and a stunning screen.

Android offers you just about every shape and size of phone you could want - Samsung Galaxy is good, HTC Desire HD - Sense UI yet to be beaten on any other phone, are really the Android leaders I think.

You *could* go for the HTC whatever it is that runs Windows Mobile 7, but you'd probably be in company with um, you.....

The Torch, of course has both touch and type, and BB long have done away with the damn ball roller on your phone. The touchpad is soooo much of an improvement.

Got to be honest, I have convinced myself it is the iPhone 4 for me this time around (like now-ish), but I'm also seriously toying with the notion of upgrading my 9700 to a Torch for the hell of it, and putting it on one of the older SIMs we've got kicking around - would three phones make me some kind of super-dealer? I've got a Desire too, see.

thinks bill, I was lookin at the bb9700 but have in the last few days been thinking iphone, just worried that it may be too fragile.

Was a worry of mine too, but the masses who have them claim it's fine with a decent case, so long as you don't wedge it in your back pocket and then sit down!

I was looking at getting a hard case of some type for when I get mine - but all that said, I've had no problems at all with My Desire, and that has a big screen too.

was thinking about buying a sim free Iphone from somewhere then sticking a pay as you go one in it, just for emergency email away from the PC and also I cant carry a laptop about everywhere, originally tried to buy a netbook but every shop I went into was wanting me to buy it for 200 pounds and sign up to a 2 1/2 year data plan at something like 30 quid a month, stuff that I just want to buy one with no contract....gave up on that one...they must also be on a good commission these people... I remember when I bought this laptop I went into the shop, handed over cash and the guy in the shop wouldnt go through the back and bring me through my computer, he spent 40 odd minutes after I paid for it trying to get me to take out a coverplan for half the price of the laptop again, when I told him I didn't want it as I am a trained PC and Laptop repair technician, he got lippy so I snapped and one of the others was very quick in handing me my box......I have not been back in there for anything and am going to buy my next TV out of richer sounds as its much better kit in there, cheaper, and they dont pester you when you go in either like most of the other shops do..

Hi All
Just a thought for those that want instant email on the cheap Tesco do a £2 per week deal for 100mb of data .You can use this with an older smart phone load up the mobile app from Livemail/Hotmail and get instant email for very cheap .(that way if the old smart phone gets smashed youve lost very little).I have been using an older htc kaiser with a 99p pay go sim for maybe three months now and the email works fantastic just a bit limited on accessing web pages but if needs be you can always use these smartphones tethered to a laptop.
I also heard tesco do a £5 data deal for pay go blackberry but cant confirm that .

cheers 72-van

I have blackberry, I only use it for browsing the net when I am not at home. Got 8520. Good features compared to other smartphones though.

Anyone got a Motorola Duel?? it seems my work are going for these I tried to get them to have Desire HDs but its the software theyr going for

Just got a new Blackberry torch phone and was wondering do any of you guys have a blackberry and what do you think of it? Do you use the BBM? and do you view the forum on it and if so what way? ie the phones own browser or opera mini or another method?

Blackberry? With the size of my digits? No chance. Can't stand all these bloody apps. I've got a Sony Ericsson, that has a blinding camera on it, and plays music. I don't need a phone that tells me what the time is in Kathmandu, or where the nearest pub is - I can find a pub, even if I was stuck in the middle of the desert. So no tar...

I've got a BB Bold 9000 and BB Curve 8520. The Bold has a much better screen, bigger and brighter than the curve. Pics and vid on the Bold much more superior than the Curve, but i like the size of the Curve for "me pockets". ahem yes i use BBM, still only in my 30's (just)!!!

Reply to Blackberry phone in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock