NAPIT Certification Scheme Blueflame trade test for napit

Discuss Blueflame trade test for napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Napit are no different to Eca and the Niceic,they play the numbers game

How can any system be efficient at maintaining standards, when they are first of all dependant on member numbers and secondly operating the assessments for those member numbers in opposition to each other

I agree on the 'numbers game' but there is no 'NICEIC 2391-10 or ELECSA 2391-10' that's the difference here, NAPIT have devised an open-book 'test' as described in the posts above but called it 'N2391' which has a striking similarity to a well-respected, closed-book full-written City & Guilds qualification!

I agree on the 'numbers game' but there is no 'NICEIC 2391-10 or ELECSA 2391-10' that's the difference here, NAPIT have devised an open-book 'test' as described in the posts above but called it 'N2391' which has a striking similarity to a well-respected, closed-book full-written City & Guilds qualification!

I can see that it is pre-fixed with the letter 'N' but don't the C&G get rather miffed at this blatant plagiarism ?

I would have thought outside of Napit,it would not have any stature. so it seems comparing it to the city and guilds is not a fair comparison
Where i believe it stems from is this numbers game again
Niceic domestic installer(approved contractor even) and Elecsa dont stipulate 2391 for entry,Napit stipulate the 2391 for their entry requirement

They then have a proviso that if it isn't held, the candidate has 12 months to get it,and here is the get out for them in the numbers game.
They can take the Na 2391 as an acceptable alternative
Napit get the training course money,they get the member, and they have held up their entry requirement,well at least on paper if not morally

Niceic and Elecsa ask for only one of the list of acceptable qualifications for competent person ,this as we know, means just perhaps a regulations 2382 or whatever number it is now, and an assessment

Its all putting on a face of adhering to the legistlation,but in the end a numbers game

I would have thought outside of Napit,it would not have any stature. so it seems comparing it to the city and guilds is not a fair comparison
Where i believe it stems from is this numbers game again
Niceic domestic installer(approved contractor even) and Elecsa dont stipulate 2391 for entry,Napit stipulate the 2391 for their entry requirement

They then have a proviso that if it isn't held, the candidate has 12 months to get it,and here is the get out for them in the numbers game.
They can take the Na 2391 as an acceptable alternative
Napit get the training course money,they get the member, and they have held up their entry requirement,well at least on paper if not morally

Niceic and Elecsa ask for only one of the list of acceptable qualifications for competent person ,this as we know, means just perhaps a regulations 2382 or whatever number it is now, and an assessment

Its all putting on a face of adhering to the legistlation,but in the end a numbers game

What an awfully cynical attitude, I can't imagine that you believe the scheme provider's main priority is 'bums on seats'? ;)

What they could not remember how to spell their name !

Maybe a bit of a harsh comment because any exam is difficult
Its difficulty is relative to the person taking it

I read comments from a Napit member who holds the 2391 and took this Na 2391
He was insistent that it was a robust and difficult exam
The 100% pass mark could be a positive way of a person getting a comprehensive understanding of a subject,I must say I have not heard of another exam where you need 100%,so I take it its the subject material thats important, not the marks,or something along those lines

Why anyone would chose this exam if they want to better themselves, rather than the real deal,I fail to understand,but its their choice I suppose

If they do hold the qualification I would say well done to them

3 part multiple choice exam, building regs, electrical theory, wiring regs.
all required books taken in with you, after taking each test you resit the same exam with only the questions you got wrong and have another go (think you were allowed 4 attempts) untill all have been answeredf correctly.

the practical exam wasnt really supervised they just checked over the eic upon completion.

Point taken Des , after i posted i did think i should have explained my reasoning .
To be honest i am all for higher standards and happily jumped through all the hoops to tick the all boxes when asked too in the early days ( as for the qualifications i already had them , it was more paper pushing that they wanted ) only to be in my opinion dumped on from a ever increasing hight !
Not all of our governing body's are out there just to milk us dry ( we as a industry know the "one" that is in it for us and not their selfs ) but as mentioned by previous posters it is almost impossible to fail most of their entrance exams , especially if you have to give a back hander to pass , not for the skill level but the apparently new paper work required !
I am sure there are plenty of other forum members that came up against this particular chap as well , as we were informed it had been going on for sometime by another inspector after the offender had been booted !!!!
Don't even bother to ask who the body was , as i will not repeat . ( probably be black listed for this let alone any more ! )

OK
Actually you're all missing the point here.
NA2391 is only part of the so called trade test.
The trade test was originally a damn good idea. It was designed for all those people that have had years of experience on the tools, but never had any formal qualifications. The reason i say it has been abused is because it has allowed people with no experience of the trade whatsoever, to get themselves full scope with Napit. This to me is wrong, because it's original intent has now been perverted just to get the numbers up and stay in the game. Napit is fully aware of my feelings on this subject as I've made it known on their own forum and I have evidence of such people getting through this 'test' who enjoy all the benefits I enjoy.

However in defense of Napit IQ, I will point out that even though there isn't an NICEIC 2391 or an ELECSA 2391, NICEIC do have their own course DPIR for one that is only any good if you're in the NICEIC so basically they're all up to it!

OK
Actually you're all missing the point here.
NA2391 is only part of the so called trade test.
The trade test was originally a damn good idea. It was designed for all those people that have had years of experience on the tools, but never had any formal qualifications. The reason i say it has been abused is because it has allowed people with no experience of the trade whatsoever, to get themselves full scope with Napit. This to me is wrong, because it's original intent has now been perverted just to get the numbers up and stay in the game. Napit is fully aware of my feelings on this subject as I've made it known on their own forum and I have evidence of such people getting through this 'test' who enjoy all the benefits I enjoy.

However in defense of Napit IQ, I will point out that even though there isn't an NICEIC 2391 or an ELECSA 2391, NICEIC do have their own course DPIR for one that is only any good if you're in the NICEIC so basically they're all up to it!

Oh I'm sure they are to some degree but my objection is to the name given to the NAPIT test, what will the holder of this N2391 say at an interview if asked "do you have the 2391?"

He might be honest and say "yes, the NAPIT 2391" does the prospective employer then know the difference between these 2 very different qualifications that share the same industry-wide known number?

I quite agree IQ, but I guess they can call it whatever they like. However if someone interviewing a potential employee is stupid enough to not want to see his papers and takes his word that he/she has 2391, then that's his bad.

Oh and it's NA2391 not N2391 ;)

I quite agree IQ, but I guess they can call it whatever they like. However if someone interviewing a potential employee is stupid enough to not want to see his papers and takes his word that he/she has 2391, then that's his bad.

Oh and it's NA2391 not N2391 ;)

I'm in agreement with both you and IQ on this, my argument and post was ,why do NAPIT need to refer in any way shape or form to the C & G 2391-10.

Why not call it NAPIT Inspection and Testing course ****** , I'm most likely an old cynic but I always feel that when someone uses a recognised brand/qualification and tweaks it ever so slightly there is room for deliberate confusion. To me it would be like a baked bean call Heins

Reply to Blueflame trade test for napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock