Discuss BMW F30 REAR LEFT TURN SIGNAL DOESN'T WORK in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i'm new here, and i really need your help.
I have a bmw 316 2013 with the rear left turn signal that doesn't work even if i simply change the bulb, so i have the fast lighting on the others lamps.
I asked some electricians, someone told me that could be the rear electric module or maybe a ground issue...
Do you have any ideas about this??

Thanks in advance for the answers

Attachments

• BMW F30 REAR LEFT TURN SIGNAL DOESN'T WORK 20200321_161939 - EletriciansForums.net
    20200321_161939.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 11
  • BMW F30 REAR LEFT TURN SIGNAL DOESN'T WORK 20200321_161949 - EletriciansForums.net
    20200321_161949.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 12
  • BMW F30 REAR LEFT TURN SIGNAL DOESN'T WORK 20200321_162053 - EletriciansForums.net
    20200321_162053.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 11
Also that does not look like factory harnessing , what is under that lot?
Have you a tester to see if you are getting anything at the plug connector?

Looks like the middle pic shows evidence of damaged wires.
Yeah ive noticed that... but the stop light works fine.
So i dont know if its a wire issue, i have to test with a tester
[automerge]1584914822[/automerge]
Also that does not look like factory harnessing , what is under that lot?
Have you a tester to see if you are getting anything at the plug connector?
yes thats true because my cousin gave me this car with this issue so probably someone worked on it in the past. I have a tester but where i have to point to check current for the turn signal? I only know that the brown wire is the ground.

Get the wiring diagram from the internet or the Haynes manual. Test continuity of the relevant bits from the bulb contacts backwards. Wiggle the wiring harness whilst testing.

If necessary remove the black tape to see if there is any sign of damage or previous repairs.

Remove the multiplug connector and spray WD40 on the plug and socket. Plug and unplug it several times.

Let us know how you get on.

As above, Check what is under that tape and follow it back to undamaged wiring.
You could use a 12v test lamp on the connector at each point with the indicator active, this will show a flashing tell tale with the test lamp grounded to a good earth contact on the vehicle body . lf it DOES then test from the connector to the harness ground , if it doesn't flash the HARNESS ground is not making contact with earth .
If neither work the fault is in the power supply to the lamp.
The harness ground seems to be good or the other lamps would not be working. (unless they are in a different cluster)

The usual culprit is where the wiring comes through any moving part of the vehicle ie a boot lid or hatch back
If the harness earth is poor it may light the test lamp , but may not be sufficient to power the indicator lamp. Try from a good earth on the vehicle body.

I know it's choppy but I am really tired lol.
lastly , has it been rear ended? (no smut please) ;)

As above, Check what is under that tape and follow it back to undamaged wiring.
You could use a 12v test lamp on the connector at each point with the indicator active, this will show a flashing tell tale with the test lamp grounded to a good earth contact on the vehicle body . lf it DOES then test from the connector to the harness ground , if it doesn't flash the HARNESS ground is not making contact with earth .
If neither work the fault is in the power supply to the lamp.
The harness ground seems to be good or the other lamps would not be working. (unless they are in a different cluster)

The usual culprit is where the wiring comes through any moving part of the vehicle ie a boot lid or hatch back
If the harness earth is poor it may light the test lamp , but may not be sufficient to power the indicator lamp. Try from a good earth on the vehicle body.

I know it's choppy but I am really tired lol.
lastly , has it been rear ended? (no smut please) ;)
Ok thank you for the informations, i will search for the wire broken and hopefully i can find it :')

when you get it fixed, ask a mate to stand behind the car and tell you if it works.... he'll say Yes,No,Yes,No,Yes,No.....

Reply to BMW F30 REAR LEFT TURN SIGNAL DOESN'T WORK in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock