Discuss Bonding on Water and Gas in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Snapester

A job requires some work and when checking the bonding there was non to water or even gas, the gas meter is accessible but the water is at the rear of the property and so is boiler. The property is terraced so cannot go down the side of the house and the getting under the floor is a no go!
What is your opinion on this? Bond the gas and then note water is not accessible but bond across gas and water at boiler?

Cheers

Sounds tricky to get to but afraid you will have to, as above up and over or surface run.

You cannot use the gas pipe as a bonding conductor which is what you would effectivly be doing in your OP

Well the gas will be bonded at the meter but I'm talking about getting one onto the water? As I cannot get into the attic as the board is at the front door!! Grrr I can't see a solution?

Surface trunking then, sounds like the only option. Hers is a ESC leaflet you can give to the customer to explain why it needs doing then let them decide how they want you to do it.

Attachments

• Earthing-bonding-ESC.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 51
There are many ways to achieve this, as the two posters above have suggested two ways.

Some ways unfortunately look a 'bit rough', but you can only do what the client will allow you to do.

In one case, mid terraced house, laminate floors up and down (stone floor downstairs too), so cannot go outside and around, you could either go outside up and over through the loft,and then back outside and down and back in, or (my customer did not want this either), I had to run surface and through internal walls.
This looked awful, but it was the only option left.

aye ... trying to find insurance and doing me head in , i hate electrics

Returning to the property today, i took a continuity reading at water which measured 1.0 ohm and no visual sign of bonding on the water. The options of going outside is a no go, downstairs is looking impossible due to laminate flooring etc. I will look at possibly going through the house only problem is kitchen is about bathroom which has just been tiled!! AHHAHHHHHHHH
So i guess, i dont know.................

How friendly are they with the neighbours, into next door, across the lounge wall and back in thro' thier kitchen...
absolutely NOT!!....i really dont like this idea......just too easy for someone to think its THEIR bonding...when in fact its next doors....or they may just decide its `getting in the way`....and snip it...lol..

you could fashion some sort of creel with it....just hang it at regular intervals across the rooms....hmm...do they have open fires to hang clothes in front of?...

I could just tape it to the floor................. but seriously the outside up the front is a no as its rendered white old victorian house so nice green yellow 10mm isn't the choice of the owner. Joist run the wrong way!! And well yeah great isnt it......

Reply to Bonding on Water and Gas in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock