Discuss Bonding on Water and Gas in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

this will not comply with BS7671, but it could be a get out for you. have to be entered on the cert. as a departure. bond the gas. then bond from the gas pipe at the boiler to the water stop tap.

This was my general idea to bond gas as thats at the front door, then at the boiler in kitchen bond water to gas.
Then note as a departure from BS7671.

I could just tape it to the floor................. but seriously the outside up the front is a no as its rendered white old victorian house so nice green yellow 10mm isn't the choice of the owner. Joist run the wrong way!! And well yeah great isnt it......
Could you not put it in white placcy conduit?

No its hard as its a nice place inside and well they don't want conduit/trunking running around the house. Which is fair enough i guess.

What about some decorative trunking ran at floor level ( so it looks like laminate floor beading)?

I have had the same prob - I did connect to gas pipe using 16mm (as I had some in the motor) I then strapped across from gas to water at the boiler.
Did full testing which showed it was within regs and I made a note of departure to 7671 on the EIC.

just leave a few meters of 10mm green/yellow hanging out the fuse board, then as your leaving say "by the way the plumbers got to get a new water supply in there and strap that cable to it" job done

Reply to Bonding on Water and Gas in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock