Discuss Bosch GMS 120 Cable Detector in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everybody
Has anybody on here any experience of using a Bosch GMS 120 cable detector? The scenario I have is that I am working on a stone built cottage ,plastered with sand and cement which I guess was rewired 30 + years ago where all the cables have been plastered into the walls and not through the joists as normal probably due to the fact that the beams are exposed with plasterboard just below the floorboards with no more than an 1 inch gap between the two. I have tested the wiring and all checks out fine but there are some alterations to do in the Kitchen for which purpose I need to locate the cables.
My power tool supplier has offered me a Bosch GMS 120 detector but I would like to hear from somebody who has used one to see if it does what it says on the tin as I have not had much joy with detectors in the past or if there is another detector that anybody could recommend.
I have read a couple of reviews on different sites, but they appear to be mainly diyers with good and bad reviews so I would like to seek the opinion of fellow professionals to see what your experiences have been. Failing that it is back to hammer and chisel and gentle digging.
Thanking you for your replies in advance
Stay safe
Patrick

Hi Pat,

Having had limited success with cheaper ones, opted for the GSM120 and very pleased with it, does 'as it says on the tin'!

Reply to Bosch GMS 120 Cable Detector in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net