Discuss BS 1361 50A ZS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone know the ZS for an 1361 or BS 88-3 50A fuse. All the tables I find have n/a. I phoned the maker and was told there are no listed ZS' for a 50A and to take the difference between the next closest sizes (45A & 60), surley thats not proportional ?

Last edited:
work it out. if the current required to blow the fuse in the required time is, say, 5In, then max. Zs = V/ 5In.

So i need to find out the fusing factor (the ratio of the In to overcurrent to operate in 0.1 secs) of a bs88 -3.

I need this factor for the formula that telextric has mentioned, where do i get the fusing factor from ? So far all i can find are the factors for B, C, D type MCBs ? Its not 1.45 is it ? Thats for cable :eek:

why 0.1sec? generally, anything over 32A needs to blow in 5 secs. to comply with BS7671.

why 0.1sec? generally, anything over 32A needs to blow in 5 secs. to comply with BS7671.

The current required to blow the fuse in the required time (5 secs) but thought quicker the better but maybe not such a good idea as itll skew results, so yeah 5secs it is. I cannot find no graphs/tables in relation to 50A. Overcurrent needed to blow the fuse in 5 secs ive so far found out can be calculated if you get the fusing factor (which each type of fuse has), where do I find this do you know ??

We could do lottery pick - easier than finding that football ...
My pick is 0.927 Ohms for 5 sec on BS882 50A, from 248A guesstimate.

Reply to BS 1361 50A ZS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi First time with this kind of a job for me. I have a scenario where i am planning to install about 50m 25mm TPN from a TNCS supply to supply a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
V
Hey guys, i have started to do some inspecting and testing, i am finding it very interesting although the certification part is a little confusing...
Replies
Views
S
Hello Gents Once again I’m looking for your expertise to resolve the following application. A local supply Authority has supplied a single phase...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock