Discuss BS numbers for cables in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kevster

ive been asked to provide the bs numbers for all cables i have used on a recent job, my cable supplier is saying that a lot of the cables do not have a bs or en numbers, i thought that you wernt allowed to sell cables without a bs or en number? can anyone shed any light on this

thanks

thanks lenny, should be able to get most info of there, my main concern is that i thought it was against the law to supply anything without a bs/en number?

thanks lenny, should be able to get most info of there, my main concern is that i thought it was against the law to supply anything without a bs/en number?

It is not against the law but if something happened with the item you have used does not have a BS/EN number it is up to you to prove that it is as equal or better than the BS/EN standard.

Reply to BS numbers for cables in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am an electrician working for a OEM machinery manufacturer based in Germany, we are the local hub that is now taking over the...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for reading this. Ive been asked to look at a job where the DNO connection (single phase 80A TT) is a long run to the final circuits...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I have a technical question that I hope someone can help clarify. We're currently facing an odd issue with a machine equipped...
Replies
Views
Hi There Just a quick one, I'm wondering what's everyone's thoughts on this are. A subby has clipped a cable to a plaster board ceiling using 3m...
Replies
Views
When now registering to extend the standard 2 year to 5 year warranty.... They are asking for your "licence number" with NICEIC NAPIT etc or you...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock