Discuss Buckle clips. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

drew35

Does anybody have a source for decent old fashioned buckle clips?

I ask at every supplier and none of them stock them or can get them. The last ones I had I was given by the DNO, they still get them from somewhere. I'm not having any luck with Google either. They don't go under another name now do they?

I found that web site but you can't order anything on line. I just want an electrical supplier that sells a standard old fashioned buckle clip, not some old !"£$% of eBay.

Oh sorry I forgot to say thanks!

Doesn't anybody use these things any more??? Is it possible that I have become that old??? They're brilliant???

What are people using "now-a-days", not that 'orrible galvanised strapping?!? I do see a lot of meter tails fixed back with the stuff.

Next time the DNO come out I'm emptying their van of them!

Drew35 - did you find a source for buckle clips (the original nailed variety), I'm also looking for somewhere I can buy them?

the power companies in the UK mostly buy their tools and about 50% of their consumables directly from wholesalers in the USA and have them sent over in shipping containers full of mixed parts as they can afford to buy palletloads of mixed things at a time in container load amounts.......I do have a contact in the USA in a place called shillow ridge New Mexico but its about 2 1/2 years since I phoned or emailed him so he might be retired now.....he used to fly over here at least once a year to do a big order with a couple of the power companies for things like cable clips, heatshrink, jointing kits, hot sticks and 11kv gloves etc.... the only customers here in the UK for certain parts and tools are the electricity suppliers and most of the big players like Plymoth Bishop and Salisbury Electrical don't even bother trying to sell here, so they have to basically go over to the states or make contact on the phone/email and buy them direct from stateside...

if you can get hold of a copy of professional electrician magazine there is usually a firm advertising them near the back, i think they're called saran clips

if you can get hold of a copy of professional electrician magazine there is usually a firm advertising them near the back, i think they're called saran clips
I emailed Saran (you also mentioned them earier in the thread) and they sell the original nailed style direct with minimum quantity of 100 though there's a small order delivery charge of £14 so cost of 100 is about £25 ex VAT. As I only need about 20 that's quite a lot. It needs some enterprising person to offer them on eBay in smaller quantities!

Thanks for everyone that's given advice. I happened to spot some buckle clips for sale on eBay yesterday, 325 clips of assorted sizes for £16 so snapped them up. I shouldn't need any more for a good few years!

i am pretty sure R S Merriman Stromness Orkney would have them on the shelf they never get rid of anything i remember when i was an apprentice we set about sorting stuff to dump we loaded the trailer up and was almost ready to go when the first boss arrived he pulled of quite a few things then the second boss arrived and he too pulled off a good few things me and the labourer looked at each other pulled off the rest and put it back in the store not worth driving a 15 mile round trip with 2 small boxes pmsl

I've purchased them from autoelectricsupplies Search for product/330/category/65 or just search their site for buckle clips. The company is in the UK with the typical co dot uk stuff at the end of their name.

For securing mater tails? I tie wrap tails in a triangle formation and then use armoured cleats to hold them back looks nice if you take the time cheap way of doing it and does the job. Only do it on small runs though upto a meter

For securing mater tails? I tie wrap tails in a triangle formation and then use armoured cleats to hold them back looks nice if you take the time cheap way of doing it and does the job. Only do it on small runs though upto a meter

Clearly there are many ways to retain wire bundles or similar. However, the buckle clips sold by the company above are identical to those used on some automobiles manufactured in the early 1950s. If the objective is to maintain originality, these do the job.

Reply to Buckle clips. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock