Discuss bumped van ,claimed from thired party in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
couple of weeks a go ,got bumped from behind .insurance sent me a text .we have assessment for the damaged back doors ,because the damaged and because of the cost wade against van .but it drivable but at loss.
they claiming from the third party for the van .

How bad is the damage and how old is the van as you could go for a non fault claim but accept a payment in lieu or get it written off get the payout and keep the van and get it repaired yourself.

See what settlement they offer, any photos of the damaged doors as if may be worth your while buying the doors from a breakers, I accepted a payment in lieu on the Subaru and there is no CAT marker on the car.

deffo take a decent offer. about £2000 - £2500 is about right. then repair yourself, either fix doors or buy from breakers. exactly same as with my hiace.

Can I claim for a new tyre? Parked on a nail on a job I think.
Bloody good Michelin with near new tread.
At least the spare was a Michelin too, so that's on the van now and a goodyear on the spare.
I don't think i'll bother the insurance for £67

Can I claim for a new tyre? Parked on a nail on a job I think.
Bloody good Michelin with near new tread.
At least the spare was a Michelin too, so that's on the van now and a goodyear on the spare.
I don't think i'll bother the insurance for £67
Claim as an expense when you do your tax returns, you do pay tax BTW?

hi gang this what they say market value £2.566.00 less £307.00 for the salvage the report has now gone to third party it does not say what cat this is for accident management. if I sold the van tomorrow this before the accident would be looking at possible £4.000

hi gang this what they say market value £2.566.00 less £307.00 for the salvage the report has now gone to third party it does not say what cat this is for accident management. if I sold the van tomorrow this before the accident would be looking at possible £4.000
that offer is a bit low, IMO, but in the bigger picture, you get £2200 and can fix it for about £250, so that's almost £2000 for beer. winner.

still driving it almost 3 years later, cost me £30 for a bumper from scrappy, £20 tub of filler, and 2 aerosols.

me sir ,not me.
Ask if you can get an assessor to asses your van as all the insurance company have done is used there own data, I had this issue with my Subaru as it flagged up as a standard 2003 Legacy when in fact it was an imported Japanese car and a BP5 Twinscroll Turbo, they sent an assessor to verify the car and he is the one that suggested a payment in lieu.

See what settlement they offer, any photos of the damaged doors as if may be worth your while buying the doors from a breakers, I accepted a payment in lieu on the Subaru and there is no CAT marker on the car.
there's no CAT marker on my van. but several DOGS have pi$$ed on the wheels.

Reply to bumped van ,claimed from thired party in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net