Discuss Business bank account in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Dizzy_Maskell

So I'm taking plunge and going for the ltd company route.

I know I need set up a business bank account who uses what and why Llyods small business account looks good but any advice greatly accepted

I've had a Lloyds account for the last 6 years - the reason I chose Lloyds was purely because there is a branch within walking distance of home. Never had a problem with them and all the staff in the local branch know me and are really helpful if I have any questions.

There is a small account charge but that's just a cost of being in business.

There is no point in opening a "cheaper" account if its further away!

Santander for me. Fixed monthly fee covers all my regular transactions. Works out less than half what HSBC were grasping off me a month in separate transaction charges.
I can drop cheques into the post office a few hundred yards from my house too.

Lloyds for me, though i'd recommend setting it up, signing stuff, in person with one of their commercial staff rather than doing it on line. In person everything was ready to start banking pretty much the same day. After a period of company dormancy, I opened up a new account online, and it took about 3 weeks. After 18 months i wanted a loan to buy a new truck, (quite a large loan!!) and they were really keen to help. No experience of any other banks, but quite satisfied with Lloyds.

With respect to fees charged, Lloyds charge quite a high charge to pay in cash - so I pay any cash I have into my private Lloyds account and then "pay" the bill into my business account with a BACs payment so its free!

So I'm taking plunge and going for the ltd company route.

I know I need set up a business bank account who uses what and why Llyods small business account looks good but any advice greatly accepted
I used Nat west for my business account, and I use Santander for my personal account, HTHs

When I set up my Santander Business Account they were offering fixed free banking! I don't pay any fees for any transactions! Including paying in cash. This was 5 years ago mind!

Reply to Business bank account in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock