Discuss C&G 2377 PAT Testing in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bane

Yep, I'm being lazy and could probably find the answer if I searched hard enough but...I can't be ars*d

As those of you who know me will know, I have no quals (electrical) under my belt (yet).

I'm starting college within a fortnight (2330) but was wondering if I'd be able to enrol for the 2377 without any other quals obtained?

Cheers. Advice, opinions and abuse welcome as always.

You will be able to enroll for 2377 without any formal electrical qualifications, several of the places where my employers do the maintenance have put employees through the course to keep this inhouse.

hi
im taking 2377 exam on 27/5/09 can anyone please tell me what sort of question is in exam paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
did course a few weeks back hate to give bad news only chap out of 4 of us who failed had no elec background, could be he did not ask suffcent questions.
we all spoke the same lingo, so spent the day talking in diffrent terms. he was too shy to ask i guess for fear of looking out of place.
so i would suggest don't worry about looking silly if you do not understand something ask. as for questions multichoice most refering to book, so get a copy of the required book early and do some reading. then no worries.

did course a few weeks back hate to give bad news only chap out of 4 of us who failed had no elec background, could be he did not ask suffcent questions.
we all spoke the same lingo, so spent the day talking in diffrent terms. he was too shy to ask i guess for fear of looking out of place.
so i would suggest don't worry about looking silly if you do not understand something ask. as for questions multichoice most refering to book, so get a copy of the required book early and do some reading. then no worries.
can you give few example of question

If your taking the 2377 exams, then there should be two of them, the first is Level 3 Certificate in Managment of Electrical Equipment Maintenance, and the second is Level 3 Certificate in Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment, both exams are open book, the book is IEE Code of practice for in service inspection and testing of electrical equipment, u cant revise for the exam mate as the questions are taken from a "pot" of 1000 questions, the first exam is 45 questions in 1hr30min and the second 30 questions 60 mins, if u are doing the C & G 2377 this is definatly the way it will be, 20 people on our 10 week course, i think only 5 passed both, me included, they may well be open book, but that dont mean its easy..good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
you sure you mean the 2377 ? its a one/two day course. with a multichoice [online] not a 10 week. and you don't need any prior electrical knoledge.

Yes dead sure, when i say 10 weeks i mean 10 lots of 2.5 - 3 hours on Tuesday nights, two exams, two seperate quals, one in inspection and testing and one in managment of maitenance, thats the "Full" way to do it with C+G, check the 2377 certificate handbook below, on the cover is the tittles of the two quals and page 23 details them:-

http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/ind_sport/2377-qh-v3.pdf

your doing units 100 and 200, for testing only you only need one of these, the other is for managing people doing pat testing, which is half as long agin. And if doing that one you could do it without doing the first one. your duplicating most of the testing part.
The recommended time is given in hours, which means it can be done in less time if doing full days eg I did one unit 1 over 2 full ish days but i have seen 'pat testing' advertised as a one day course.

terry

Reply to C&G 2377 PAT Testing in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock