Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss C&G 2377 PAT Testing in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bane

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Yep, I'm being lazy and could probably find the answer if I searched hard enough but...I can't be ars*d

As those of you who know me will know, I have no quals (electrical) under my belt (yet).

I'm starting college within a fortnight (2330) but was wondering if I'd be able to enrol for the 2377 without any other quals obtained?

Cheers. Advice, opinions and abuse welcome as always.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
T

tony.towa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You will be able to enroll for 2377 without any formal electrical qualifications, several of the places where my employers do the maintenance have put employees through the course to keep this inhouse.

N

niri99

hi
im taking 2377 exam on 27/5/09 can anyone please tell me what sort of question is in exam paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

terry451

did course a few weeks back hate to give bad news only chap out of 4 of us who failed had no elec background, could be he did not ask suffcent questions.
we all spoke the same lingo, so spent the day talking in diffrent terms. he was too shy to ask i guess for fear of looking out of place.
so i would suggest don't worry about looking silly if you do not understand something ask. as for questions multichoice most refering to book, so get a copy of the required book early and do some reading. then no worries.

N

niri99

did course a few weeks back hate to give bad news only chap out of 4 of us who failed had no elec background, could be he did not ask suffcent questions.
we all spoke the same lingo, so spent the day talking in diffrent terms. he was too shy to ask i guess for fear of looking out of place.
so i would suggest don't worry about looking silly if you do not understand something ask. as for questions multichoice most refering to book, so get a copy of the required book early and do some reading. then no worries.
can you give few example of question

L

LlandrilloSpark

If your taking the 2377 exams, then there should be two of them, the first is Level 3 Certificate in Managment of Electrical Equipment Maintenance, and the second is Level 3 Certificate in Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment, both exams are open book, the book is IEE Code of practice for in service inspection and testing of electrical equipment, u cant revise for the exam mate as the questions are taken from a "pot" of 1000 questions, the first exam is 45 questions in 1hr30min and the second 30 questions 60 mins, if u are doing the C & G 2377 this is definatly the way it will be, 20 people on our 10 week course, i think only 5 passed both, me included, they may well be open book, but that dont mean its easy..good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
T

terry451

you sure you mean the 2377 ? its a one/two day course. with a multichoice [online] not a 10 week. and you don't need any prior electrical knoledge.

N

niri99

you sure you mean the 2377 ? its a one/two day course. with a multichoice [online] not a 10 week. and you don't need any prior electrical knoledge.
yes it's one day course. 2377-12.

L

LlandrilloSpark

Yes dead sure, when i say 10 weeks i mean 10 lots of 2.5 - 3 hours on Tuesday nights, two exams, two seperate quals, one in inspection and testing and one in managment of maitenance, thats the "Full" way to do it with C+G, check the 2377 certificate handbook below, on the cover is the tittles of the two quals and page 23 details them:-

http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/ind_sport/2377-qh-v3.pdf

T

terry451

your doing units 100 and 200, for testing only you only need one of these, the other is for managing people doing pat testing, which is half as long agin. And if doing that one you could do it without doing the first one. your duplicating most of the testing part.
The recommended time is given in hours, which means it can be done in less time if doing full days eg I did one unit 1 over 2 full ish days but i have seen 'pat testing' advertised as a one day course.

terry

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to C&G 2377 PAT Testing in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom