Discuss Cable chasing health and safety in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What tool / tools are used for chasing?
What do they remove?
Typically where on a wall is chasing carried out?
Is anyone else likely to be present?

Seems to be at least 4 things to consider

and cutting yourself on the blades, wrist damage from kick back, dropping the chaser on your pinkies,

and, foremost of all is getting a decent drag off your smoke when your lungs are full of plaster dust.

never had asbestos as a present before, unless it was present in socks.:wings:

Anyone know what the health and safety implications are regarding cable/wall chasing please ?:whatchutalkingabout

Regards Mark

BF.. I can think of a lot of different points you could note with regards H&S and wall chasing but the whole idea is to make 'you' think about it. I'm not saying this to be awkward, but if you just ask for a list so that you can copy it down I don't feel that aids your learning very much.

Why don't you now write a small list of your own ideas and post them up (not allowed to use anything already written :smiley2:).

Anyone know what the health and safety implications are regarding cable/wall chasing please ?:whatchutalkingabout

Regards Mark

If you think about it then it is a simple question.

Snowhead has given the most useful answer to you i believe.

There is a trainee section on this site which would be beneficial to join seeing as you are in training. PM one of the Mods for access.

:smile:

Reply to Cable chasing health and safety in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I am a removal man and I build office furniture. The company that I work for has based me at one of there clients buildings which...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone Where I can download the health & safety policy , quotation estimation and risk assessment template for a small electrical firm...
Replies
Views
Hi lads 5 year safety inspection the spark put the tails back and later line 2 of the 3 phase blew blowing the box off the wall and taking out the...
Replies
Views
Maybe I've just been lucky, but I very rarely have an issue with customers paying, the vast majority have paid straight away or within a few days...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a very long time I did a swanky grand designs type new build in the middle of nowhere, so in the middle of nowhere that it's a house with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock