Discuss Can I safely remove 2nd set (3 wires) from my temporary power when l pull down the shut off switch? in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net

Naughty Man, , ,
Didn’t really have a choice, I had to start working at 15 years old and my very first job was working on a new hospital. Back in them days they didn’t really care about credentials like SS# or driver license to help my mom pay bills. I brought home $ 90.00 dollars a week and I would give my mom $ 50.00 and I kept $ 40.00 and thought I was rich. LOL

Didn’t really have a choice, I had to start working at 15 years old and my very first job was working on a new hospital. Back in them days they didn’t really care about credentials like SS# or driver license to help my mom pay bills. I brought home $ 90.00 dollars a week and I would give my mom $ 50.00 and I kept $ 40.00 and thought I was rich. LOL
My first Qualified or should I say Electrician wage was 14 pounds 7 shillings and 6 ix pence, of which I was left with the small change 7 Shillingd\s and 6 pence did a few PJs to make ends meet, like girls and Beer

I’m sorry but I will need more info and possibly a pitchure
I'm talking about my fuse box it has 2 cylinder fuses. The 2nd set of wires are on top if mine if l pull shut off switch are all 3 i
Or a picture maybe, :D :D :D
On fuse box if l pull shut off switch is it safe to unscrew three screws and remove wires

Attachments

• 20200907_213537.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 9
Always amazes me the state of some of the American fuse boxes

That lot just looks like an accident waiting to happen.
I think a visit from a professional would be a good idea.

Looks like most of the enclosure has rotted away! I certainly wouldn't be poking around in there while it is live.

I'm talking about my fuse box it has 2 cylinder fuses. The 2nd set of wires are on top if mine if l pull shut off switch are all 3 i

On fuse box if l pull shut off switch is it safe to unscrew three screws and remove wires
Louann I am shocked at how bad that box is rusted. That looks dangerous and no way no how will I give you any advice on messing with that fuse box. When I look at that picture it give me cold chills. There is no way you should be even close to that fuse box and PLEASE don’t mess with that box, you need to hire a electrician to check and see if that box is still live. You are a DIY and an experience electrician can fix you up in 5 minutes so money shouldn’t be an issue. If it is live it needs to be replaced. I’ve been doing electrical work for over 30 years and that’s only the second fuse box I’ve seen rusted that bad. Electricity KILLS and can also blow up in your face. PLEASE don’t mess with that box and hire an electrician who has the proper instruments to test that box for you. If I told you how to do anything to that box I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night. Good luck

That switch is a accident waiting to happen, it needs to be replaced ASAP before someone gets hurt, I have never seen a enclosure so rotted out as that one, someone dump a load of salt on it? :(

Reply to Can I safely remove 2nd set (3 wires) from my temporary power when l pull down the shut off switch? in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net