Discuss Can SWA be run in the same metal trunking as singles? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

It's all to do with land area, if you look at any house in rural France, which is vast in comparison to the UK, you will see that nearly every house has a trailer sitting somewhere in the property, this is due to obviously to pick up supplies, but also due to the vast amount that companies charge for delivery.

Same applied here in NI and probably much of the UK.

Prior to online shopping ushering in the era of home delivery everything had to be collected. A builder's supplier may have delivered, but only if the order was sizeable and if you weren't near to them a not inconsiderable sum may have been involved.

Growing up I don't remember anything being delivered other than heating oil, with all other goods being collected by car or trailer. All seems a bit mad now considering the tiny scale of NI.

Wicks in the UK have deliver free for anything on orders over £100.00 in Kent, that is not a lot a large order now days.

Most places now offer delivery at reasonable cost, with modest minimum order for free delivery.

This only became available in recent years as a response to online options that had eaten into margins.

I know a guy who lives on a Welsh mountainside and doesn't drive. His life was revolutionised in a short space of time around 10 years ago. Previously everything involved planning, favours and effort, whereas now even his groceries arrive from 30 miles away with his only effort being to lug them the last couple of miles up a rough track. Not sure how he'd feel about carrying drums of armoured cable up there 😁

Reply to Can SWA be run in the same metal trunking as singles? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net