Discuss Can you help me install a fixture using a screw terminal block? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cbking502

DIY
Reaction score
I have never installed a fixture that uses a screw terminal block before and could use some guidance. Since the earth wire is connected to I screw the grounding wire in the same terminal and then connect the blue wire to the white and the brown to the black?93E78433-BC99-4F0A-B6A1-F14150DBBAFF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you taken them out of the block?
But yes white to blues and black to the browns.

no, it is still as is because I did not want to mess it up. Should I disconnect the wires from the terminal block and connect those to the ground wire?

No keep them in the block. Twist the pairs together then fold back and connect into the block. Do you just have a single black, white and ground.

Yes, so I put the ground wire in the opposite side as the one that is already in there and put the blue wire and white wire in opposite sides and the same with the brown and black?

Yes, so I put the ground wire in the opposite side as the one that is already in there and put the blue wire and white wire in opposite sides and the same with the brown and black?
Yes. Show a pic if you can when you have done it.

Yep looks fine.

New issue. I do not have anywhere to screw this in because the other screws need to be in this position

Attachments

• image.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 23
I take it the fixing points go through to the front of the lamp plate. Can you show a pic of the other side.

I can't get the universal mounting bracket to line up so the fixture doesn't spin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 12
How do you fit the light to that once it is in place.

By putting screw through that bracket and on to the mounting bracket, but the holes do not line up. Looks like original junction box

Attachments

• 634EF708-493E-456B-AF15-ECA78B50BFBD.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 11
Do the holes not line up without using the bracket.

The bracket fits across them.

To be honest I don't know what else to advise.

Reply to Can you help me install a fixture using a screw terminal block? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net