Discuss Case for long 600mm to 1000mm Drill Bits. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a case for storing my SDS Bits in . As currently I’m using my car for work and would like a way of transporting them whilst working on the job out of the engineers van.

local carpet shop will give you the cardboard tube from a roll. it's about 4" diameter and free.

This is what I do, use each of the drill boxes to store the appropriately sized bits, then a piece of 50mm pipe with the screwed end pieces - you can usually get the pipe off site and the ends are pretty cheap from screwfix/toolstation

I tried the map/chart/art tube things and they fall apart very quickly.

I don't do much "work", so no van just a car so the same issue as you when I actually have to do something!

Case for long 600mm to 1000mm Drill Bits. 20200905_100736 - EletriciansForums.net

Case for long 600mm to 1000mm Drill Bits. 20200905_100805 - EletriciansForums.net

This is what I do, use each of the drill boxes to store the appropriately sized bits, then a piece of 50mm pipe with the screwed end pieces - you can usually get the pipe off site and the ends are pretty cheap from screwfix/toolstation

I don't do much "work", so no van just a car so the same issue as you when I actually have to do something!

View attachment 60587

View attachment 60588

That’s a brilliant idea. I’ve ordered these:

That’s a brilliant idea. I’ve ordered these:

wow, the pipe's expensive - anyhow you could make two or three for different sizes/type of bits.

My husband uses the same idea in smaller sizes for tig and sick rods - they are sealed so no issue with moisture killing the flux etc

4” Cardboard Tubes.
Order pvc conduit or minitrunking from CEF and get it delivered to your house. It comes in 3m long cardboard tubes.

View attachment 60587

View attachment 60588
re: 1st.pic. where can i buy those anti-gravity drill bits?

I am looking to buy a case for storing my SDS Bits in . As currently I’m using my car for work and would like a way of transporting them whilst working on the job out of the engineers van.
I have a 16mm and a 25mm one meter SDS bits on the van.

Both are used infrequently but when needed are invaluable.

Not always just for the depth but sometimes to make life easier in the knees.

Reply to Case for long 600mm to 1000mm Drill Bits. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock