Discuss CAT6 points in house in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

But also it’s proberly easier all cams from NVR just not sure how to do data points in house
Usually cascade down from top to bottom, you can have the Sky unit anywhere set it to Modem Mode then run a cable to a switch say in the loft (run a spare cable as well) and have your patch panel there where you terminate all the cables from the rooms, if in a room say where the TV is you can always just add another switch say 1Gig as you won't be caning the data rates.

You need to work out what goes where and the size of the house as you may need a wireless repeater to boost the signal as to be honest most devices will be wireless, I just checked my stats and I have 31 devices connected, sad............

CCTV Kits | CCTV Systems | Trade CCTV | CCTV Seller - http://www.cctvseller.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
As Sparky Chick mentioned it reduces the loading on the rest of the network as you will have a constant stream of data to the NVR, let me do a diagram.

NAS is a network storage unit if you need one for backups etc etc etc the one above the Sky box is a switch with wireless capabilities, like I said I use a Netgear R6400 from the Virgin Box to handle the DHCP side of things as well as the main wireless network and the guest network and other stuff as well, the POE switches that I use are https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/prod...s_uXbAJsbHnt5S_eW4OHiX9ULEtFLd1hoCbOYQAvD_BwE

Just got used to them and have a few dotted around, when I do refurb the house then I will change things around as mine is a bit of a mish mash as one switch is used in the living room another elsewhere etc etc.

Reply to CAT6 points in house in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock