Discuss cavity walls in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

ONIT

Evening,
DOSE ANY ONE KNOW OF A REG SAYING YOU CANT RUN T&E ON A DOMESTIC JOB WITHIN A CAVITY WALL ITS AN EXTURNAL WALL

ALL REPLYS WELCOME MANY THANKS

I think its one of those grey areas, best to be avoided if you can, but if i were doing it I would put the cables in a bit of flexible conduit for a bit of protection.
By the way an easy way of getting down a cavity is a 5.5 sds drill bit on the end of a bit of string

Evening,
DOSE ANY ONE KNOW OF A REG SAYING YOU CANT RUN T&E ON A DOMESTIC JOB WITHIN A CAVITY WALL ITS AN EXTURNAL WALL

ALL REPLYS WELCOME MANY THANKS

How about...

1. Cables inadequately supported.

2. Cable current capacity reduced by 50% if the space is filled [now or later] with cavity wall insulation.

Regards. spaek1 :)

I came across this problem some years ago and discovered that it is against building regulations as it could compromise the function of the cavity.

I understand that rodents and water can access an external cavity!

I guess replacing a cable in a rotting rodent environment wouldn't be much fun.

nor some poor sole with burnt fingers from a switch wire carrying water ( condensation or leakage) from the cavity.

I guess these are all reasons why it cannot be done any more although you can replace a cable wired to a previous BS version following its original route????? If not qualified Crazy!!

Reply to cavity walls in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I would like to hide the cable to an EV charger. The consumer unit, meter cabinet and charger would all be on the same wall. About 5 metres from...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just a quick one if I may. I am currently about to fit 3 gang smart touch switch at my front door but owing to powering two sets of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two questions about domestic wiring In Ireland 1. Should conduit be used when passing multiple T&E cables (2.5mm) through a garage...
Replies
Views
DIYer here. I'd like to install an electric car wall charger myself. It calls for 6/2 romex which I have. Unfortunately my panel is in my...
Replies
Views
Hi, just helping someone out and apologies for the long winded post. Would like install a couple of weatherproof double sockets on the patio. 1...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock