Discuss Ceiling lighting wiring in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wic4it

DIY
Reaction score
DIYer question!

This is my existing wiring. 3 x neutrals?

my new light fitting has one x neutral and 2 x live connections

please can some one tell me how to wire the new fitting correctly?

I
266cfdbc-8e48-4c39-8282-d0e058ce5ac6-jpeg.60760

Attachments

• 266CFDBC-8E48-4C39-8282-D0E058CE5AC6.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 82
Can you show the terminals of the new fitting. The wiring at the rose is missing any earths unless the wiring system is using a conduit system.

Can you show the terminals of the new fitting. The wiring at the rose is missing any earths unless the wiring system is using a conduit system.

Hi please see attached new terminals. I’ve connected the blue and two x black into the neutral and the live cable into the live one terminal. Only 2 out of the 5 bulbs light up!6F079B0B-40F5-4019-87D3-AF54C2550D80.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That fitting needs an earth. Can you show the wiring what was under the ceiling rose. The reason only some have illuminated is that it has two live terminals.

That fitting needs an earth. Can you show the wiring what was under the ceiling rose. The reason only some have illuminated is that it has two live terminals.

this how the rose was wired. With no earth?

I’ve put the 2 x black and 1 x blue into the neutral on the new fitting and the 1 x red live cable into the live 1 terminal on the new fitting. Only 2 out of the 5 light bulbs light up.

Attachments

• D81D4039-84B2-4FE4-8006-0EE8A2370B81.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 15
Can you show the wiring under the ceiling rose. I know why it isn't fully lit the big issue is an earth.

Reply to Ceiling lighting wiring in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net