Discuss Central heating wiring salus ep210 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there just to ask on wiring for a salus 2 channel programmer.

We only have the boiler coming off this at present. We don't want to seperate the rads and water as yet as this wiring is upstairs!

So we are using two channel programmer to basically operate the boiler.

We have LNE coming off a switched spur which is already in place. And a LNE going to boiler.

It's the EP210 model

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_223510.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 9
what are you trying to do
Ideally Tony I'd like to use the wire that is coming from the single isolation switch.
And use this to power the timer from the boiler.
And if possible use the additional black and grey wire to bring power to a small shed we have

LnE/which is directly to the main fuse board on its own breaker......to
Iso switch....to
Timer
Boiler
+Shed

Ideally Tony I'd like to use the wire that is coming from the single isolation switch.
And use this to power the timer from the boiler.
And if possible use the additional black and grey wire to bring power to a small shed we have

LnE/which is directly to the main fuse board on its own breaker......to
Iso switch....to
Timer
Boiler
+Shed
does this supply an immersion heater as well

No. The immersion is seperately upstairs at the hot water cylinder and on its own feed. There is also two heating valves up there for zoning the rads upstairs and down. This wiring is not connected to this at present and we wouldn't be able to to at the minute
i would assume that the wiring to the boiler spur is 2.5 twin & earth cable fed from a 16A
breaker does it have RCD protection as well

i would assume that the wiring to the boiler spur is 2.5 twin & earth cable fed from a 16A
breaker does it have RCD protection as well
Yes it does.
This goes into where the boiler timer was.
From this there is a five core, twin+earth+grey+black to the boiler.
twin+earth are to the boiler and the grey and black are spare.
Was hoping we could use the black and grey to carry live / nuteral to the shed.
[automerge]1598860900[/automerge]
Yes it does.

Yes it does.
not a chance do not do that, call a electrician it sounds like you need a professional to do this safely

not a chance do not do that, call a electrician it sounds like you need a professional to do this safely
No problem.
Ok so for the minute. We will remove the shed from the equation.
So twin and earth to spur to single socket for timer and then onto boiler.
Can this be done on this 2 channel programmer or should I go back to the standard bin in/out immerstat timers

No problem.
Ok so for the minute. We will remove the shed from the equation.
So twin and earth to spur to single socket for timer and then onto boiler.
Can this be done on this 2 channel programmer or should I go back to the standard bin in/out immerstat timers
i think you should get an electrician to look at your system and see whats best

Reply to Central heating wiring salus ep210 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net