Discuss Chandelier (which has gone way off topic) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Re: Chandelier

Hi Guys!

Thanks so much for all your replys, I feel so popular. I have been away for a couple of days and wisdom has set in...I do not think it would be wise for me to fit the chandelier with my very limited knowledge of the procedure. I think I should stick to catching babies and let someone who's day job it is fit the chandelier.

For those requesting a picture, will this do?

Chandelier (which has gone way off topic) {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Many Thanks

Mel x
:Dnice rack,,if you get tired of catching babies and want to practise making some:D lol

this is in danger of becoming the longest thread posted.
put your nuts back in the sack .
Here is a taste of the great rum runners
Ships that sailed the velvet harbor
Crews that broke the jugs and poured your blood
Like flowing rum upon the sand

Sinking down, down, down
Upon the sand, upon the sea
Upon the hills of liquid green
They rise to fall, they rise again
Their dreams tattered sails in the wind

Here is a wail of a lone flute playing
Those not hanged, by time were slain
Here is a cup of blood and tears
Here is the wail of a hundred years

Going down, down, down

Overnight they turned to water
No blood rang when they went to slaughter
Tears were few, though sighs were heavy
Bones were stacked in the main library

Turning down, down, down
Till their dreams are touching ground
Rising up like gentle rain
They turn to rise and fall again

Running round and changing faces
Marking time and keeping paces
Ducking down awhile to die
Their faces melt to barren sky

After all the trial and fury
They spared the judge and hanged the jury
No one asked the reason why
Sentence passed they turned to die

Turning down, down, down
Till their dreams are touching ground
Rising up like gentle rain
They turn to rise and fall again

Here is fire and bloody slaughter
Written on the leaves of water
Here is a ship with all hands singing
Here is a dock with dark men swinging

Down, down, down

If you get stuck and nobody wants to do it for you ,ill bring my crew in,were based in london,so it shouldnt take to long;) every mermaid needs her pirate,HA HA HA

Last edited by a moderator:

That's really hard to do.

You did see the picture of the chandelier she wants hung, didn't you?

Chandelier (which has gone way off topic) {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I had no idea that posting that one photo made available the rest of the photos on photobucket!

You lot are cracking me up, are any of you actually single?

Mel x

I had no idea that posting that one photo made available the rest of the photos on photobucket!

You lot are cracking me up, are any of you actually single?

Mel x

You have to be careful :) i've known some very embarassed people on other forums when other 'intimate' photos have been posted on their behalf, theres not much you can do once they have got hold of them..scary really!! your lucky we are a respectfull lot on here ;).

Apparently you can do something on photobucket to stop it, I will look into it and let you know :)

right:) go to account options and set your album to private from public, that should do it i think

Guys.....
many forums get these "girls" posting. trouble is they live in some fantasy land and most tend to me gay men using some pic they have of a girl.They love the attention.

so a girl just happens to hunt out a pro sparks forum. she does not have a male friend who could do this in 30 mins? and then for her first pic its one of her in a Bikini.

O my god you fall for it fast !

Ok I am sorry, I was playing the game a bit. i could have posted a sensible picture of myself. But I am not a man and I am not gay but I do indeed lack a male friend who could do this for me. The other factor is that I am an extremely poor student midwife and the chandelier cost me less than any of the quotes to put it up. I'm beginning to wish I never bought the damn thing as it doesn't look so pretty on my bedroom floor.

All I can offer in return for any help is a fabulous home baked cake or two, friendship, eternal gratitude, a few bargains from my work (Please enable your cookies), midwifery advice and a date if I happen to find you attractive and you aren't married or otherwise engaged.

Sorry if anyone feels I have led them up the garden path.

Mel x

I meant bargains my part time job in the shop Oliver Bonas, the link to the website didn't work www. oliverbonas .com without the spaces.

I get quite a generous discount and therefore if anyone wanted presents for their wife/girlfriend I am sure i could get it for them. Like an exchange and bartering system.

Mel x

:)if i lived in london your chandelier would have been up about ten seconds after you posted your pic and you would be lying on ya back admiring it;)lol

I have had a very kind offer that someone from here will do it for fifty five, but it is still a bit more than I can afford right now.

I was thinking when I bought it (typical girl) that i could easily put it up myself as I am quite handy round the house (have unblocked drains and changed locks etc). However after all your helpful advice I have come to the conclusion that I should not mess about with electrics, especially with the query about the earth wire.

So it looks like it is destined to sit on my floor until I win the lottery or marry an electrician.

Mel x

Reply to Chandelier (which has gone way off topic) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock