Discuss Change "Arms Access" banner / tag to "Professional"? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Change "Arms Access" banner / tag to "Pro Electrician" "Professional"?

What would you guys say?

I assume everybody with the current Electricians Arms tag is an actual Professional Electrician? (Been a while since I've admin'd here to be fair)

So I'm squishing out content that doesn't make sense to a newbie to make it a bit more appealing.

Wondering if 'Pro Electrician' (needs be short) would be better than "Electricians Arms Member" or any version of that that's shorter.

So just to make this clear - this is a yes or no option and we don't have time to discuss lots of other options. It's either change it to Pro Electrician, or keep it as Arms Access.

At least for now lol

Poll runs for 2 days.

GO!

Edit: I've changed the question.

Last edited:
I assume everybody with the current Electricians Arms tag is an actual Professional Electrician? (Been a while since I've admin'd here to be fair)

When I Applied for mine, I was pleased to find that I had to supply relevant information to prove that I was actually and currently working as a professional electrician.
if everyone has been through a similar vetting process the odds are good!!

Change "Arms Access" banner / tag to "Pro Electrician"?

What would you guys say?

So I'm squishing out content that doesn't make sense to a newbie to make it a bit more appealing.

Wondering if 'Pro Electrician' (needs be short) would be better than "Electricians Arms Member" or any version of that that's shorter.

So just to make this clear - this is a yes or no option and we don't have time to discuss lots of other options. It's either change it to Pro Electrician, or keep it as Arms Access.

At least for now lol

Poll runs for 2 days.

GO!
I would say yes, but consideration will need to be afforded to retired Electricians, who, although no longer practice their trade were non the less "Professional Electricians" when they were working, sort of dismissing the input they would have made during their time on the tools. May be "Jedi Electricians":p

retired or not, yous still a professional electrician, albeit an old fart like me. :):):).
Trouble is Tel Professional, implies you are getting paid for Electricioning well I aint cus I aint got a job as an Electrician, till summat goes wrong next door and then I usually do it for peanuts does that make me a Monkey:p:p:D:eek::sweat:

Jedi electrician!....@dan please make that a badge.....I’ll stick around for 25 years for that alone! :D

would doing it for beer money make you an alki?

Trouble is Tel Professional, implies you are getting paid for Electricioning well I aint cus I aint got a job as an Electrician, till summat goes wrong next door and then I usually do it for peanuts does that make me a Monkey:p:p:D:eek::sweat:

A doctor is still a doctor when they retire,
so is a scientist and many others that i wont list.
If you want to keep the tag after you retire, i think you should automatically do so.
people who want to drop the tag could ask for it to be removed?
p.s. i Love the jedi electrician tag idea.

Change "Arms Access" banner / tag to "Pro Electrician"?

What would you guys say?

At least for now lol

Poll runs for 2 days.

GO!
Likes, and Agrees, could be separated, more clearly people seem to be agreeing when they may mean LIKE I have fallen into that trap when trying to like a post, only to find I have only agreed.
[automerge]1567023473[/automerge]
Likes, and Agrees, could be separated, more clearly people seem to be agreeing when they may mean LIKE I have fallen into that trap when trying to like a post, only to find I have only agreed.

Last edited:
Agree. I liked the old system of like/dislike and agree/disagree - nice and clear.
This has been suggested in another thread and Dan is aware. Can we keep this on the Arms topic and not side track. Ta muchly.

Go for "Trading Electrician" (i.e. actively providing services), "Retired Electrician" (obvious), "Electrical Consultant" (those that are both the former but not actively trading, instead providing thier knowledge 'as is'

Go for "Trading Electrician" (i.e. actively providing services), "Retired Electrician" (obvious), "Electrical Consultant" (those that are both the former but not actively trading, instead providing thier knowledge 'as is'
This is a yes or no answer not alternatives.

Reply to Change "Arms Access" banner / tag to "Professional"? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock