Discuss Changing Career so many questions!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fremantle

guys,
I have a million questions lol. I am 31 willing to learn and a hard worker, but i have no electrical experience.would there be any other way realistically to become a competent electrican in less than 4 years, my problem is I have a mortgage.but I don't want to do some week long course,
and then go out on a job and get fired as I am useless. Is it difficult to learn? I have a Hnd in computer electronics. and I know that most things take time and effort to learn, but if there was a way of fasttracking it a bit I would love to hear,

thanks

If you want to go it on you own there fast track part p registered is straight forward ,
if you want to get on with a firm its not so easy as they will want to see proper quals + experience

thanks for the reply,:)
so it looks like i need to do a 4 year apprenticship then.As the recession is on us now and building slowed up, If you were willing to travel abroad, is there a possiblity of earning good money, I hear that some electricans work on oil rigs or maybe work in dubai or saudi and earn huge bucks, is this possible? just trying to find out as much as possible, before diving head first in. as I am single and traveling anywhere abroad or doing 4 weeks on etc. would not bother me..

thanks
Paul

Reply to Changing Career so many questions!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I am Tony. Just introducing myself. I am in a difficult position myself trying to decide at 38 with 1 kid about changing careers and...
Replies
Views
Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I just thought I'd say hello since I am new to this forum. I am looking for a complete career change and am set on becoming an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought to make a post, I came just to ask questions but been reading more of the forum and learnt lots of useful and good things, decided I...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I hope you are having a good day. I would like to ask a few questions about the electrician profession and the journey to becoming...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock