Discuss Changing light fixture in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Simon15

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, I have changed our light fixture that used 3x 7w e14 bulbs to 30w led panel, but the light does not work. The wiring is correct and both lights are rated 230v 50hz.

Do I need LED driver or is there possibly some other problem?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, I have changed our light fixture that used 3x 7w e14 bulbs to 30w led panel, but the light does not work. The wiring is correct and both lights are rated 230v 50hz.

Do I need LED driver or is there possibly some other problem?

Thank you in advance.
Stick some photos of the wiring and the light up

Thank you for the replies! I am attaching the pictures below. On the old light the ground was fixed to frame of light, but here there is not any place for it so I just covered it with electrical tape. (Later I also tried attaching ground to the metal holder, but no change.)

Attachments

• image0.png
    515.1 KB · Views: 33
  • image1-2.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 34
Thank you for the replies! I am attaching the pictures below. On the old light the ground was fixed to frame of light, but here there is not any place for it so I just covered it with electrical tape. (Later I also tried attaching ground to the metal holder, but no change.)
Is that the only wires ? Was there any above the light, and can we see the kit inside the light

Is that the only wires ? Was there any above the light, and can we see the kit inside the light

Yes, there should be more wires? I am not sure what is above the light in the wall unfortunately. And I would have to take the light apart to see inside of that, but I do not even see any bolts.

I am attaching the pictures of wires on the OLD light and also picture of the new light I tried installing.

Attachments

• image1-3.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image2-2.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 28
  • image3-2.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 26
Pics don't show much really Mate more details required
[automerge]1575736394[/automerge]
Best call a Sparks to sort it out safely!!!

Pics don't show much really Mate more details required
[automerge]1575736394[/automerge]
Best call a Sparks to sort it out safely!!!

I am not sure what else can I take picture of.
I have now read some articles about led panels needing a driver - it says that supply is integrated in that panel, but I do not see info about driver.

Yeah, I guess he will be needed.

Show a complete view of the inside of the new light.

I think I am unable to take it apart without destroying it. There are not any bolts, so I guess its glued together or something like that.

Is it possible that I need some driver and this panel does not have it? I can return it and buy something that should work "plug and play" (if that exists). Could you recommend some other led panels if this is the case?

The box states 240v so it should incorporate the driver. Are all your other lights still working and have you stripped the wires back enough and pushed them in far enough.

The box states 240v so it should incorporate the driver. Are all your other lights still working and have you stripped the wires back enough and pushed them in far enough.

Yes, they are. I can try fitting the old one back tomorrow. Yes I feel like I did - wire is uncovered for about 2,5cm and I could not push it further - should I try to strip it more tomorrow?

Also I just downloaded their catalog and it does not mention there is a driver, but also does not mention that there isn't one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 18.16.37.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 25
Was there a plug on a wire between the front and back to connect the driver to the led array.

I am not sure what you mean. Could you please try to explain?
I just took the led light from box and connected live and neutral wires that had been previously connected to the old light.

I am not a native english speaker and I guess I do not understand correctly the terms.
This is the whole product

Attachments

• image0-3.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image1-4.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 25
Sorry I thought it came in two parts. All you can do is check the connections and see if that resolves it. Have you checked nothing has tripped at your distribution board.

No worries. I will try mounting the old light tomorrow and see if it works. Everything okay on the distribution board, there is more lights on the same circuit breaker and they work when I turn it on.

Reply to Changing light fixture in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net