Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Changing Roller Shutter Switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HJC

-
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi everyone,
Need advice on replacing roller shutter key switch with a regular up/down switch
Client doesn’t want the key switch and prefers a rocker. Would this be a straightforward swap? Or should I leave to the roller shutter crew.
Thanks

HJC

-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Something like this is what they currently have installed

DF547B16-8A84-4E83-BA23-FBCCFBCFA021.jpeg

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
a 3 position retractive switch should do.voltage and current ratings being OK.

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Would imagine certain rules should be in force, swapping a key operated switch for a rocker type is a backward step in safety management.

HJC

-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would imagine certain rules should be in force, swapping a key operated switch for a rocker type is a backward step in safety management.
My thoughts too, keyswitch is worn down so will replace like for like.

SparkySy

-
Arms
Also I have a few customers who have had to change their emergency stop push buttons for a key switch for insurance so when they leave they can lock it off shut down!

B

Bobster

Also I have a few customers who have had to change their emergency stop push buttons for a key switch for insurance so when they leave they can lock it off shut down!
The purpose for keys in E-Stops is in no way, and should not be allowed for isolation of plant or machinery.

It's purely there for diagnostics. So an operator can't quickly jam the estop, reset the push button and claim ignorance to the fault.

SparkySy

-
Arms
unfortunately two of the customers who swapped their buttons were broken into and the loading door opened so a van could back in to load the I'll gotten gains. Insurance company said they needed key switches somewhere. Usual door fitter mentality the isolator is 4.5m up next to the shutter control box so that was the simplest Work round!

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to Changing Roller Shutter Switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom