Discuss Changing salus receiver to hive in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jayforde

DIY
Reaction score
Hi i need to change my old salus receiver to my new hive one and im not sure about the wiring do i put it all the wires in the same places on the hive receiver? The picture is the wiring into the old receiver

Changing salus receiver to hive Screenshot_20190916-162858_Gallery - EletriciansForums.net

Welcome to the forum mate.

Do you have a pic of the new hive unit, where the wires go?
Not knowing lots about these things but does the Salus & Hive units require the same power voltage?

Do you know if terminal 3 of the Hive unit is the Normally Open contact? Should say in the manual.
Do the Salus & Hive units require the same power voltage?

Yes terminal 3 is NO ill include a picture how do i find out power voltage?

I'm presuming is just mains voltage but I don't want to guess.
Is should say in the manual what it needs to be wired up to.

So just put all wires in same terminals in the new receiver?

It looks like they both have the same functions so put the power cables in the new power terminals. (make sure this is properly isolated)
Wire the switch wire to the new common and Normally Open terminals. Add link wire.
As original wiring (but the terminal idents are different)

Old salus receiver = Hive
NO = 3 Heating on (NO) Brown
COM = 1 Common Blue link
L = Permanent Line Red with brown sleeve + blue link
N = Permanent Neutral Blue

Reply to Changing salus receiver to hive in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock