Discuss cheap consumer units in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

diditrain

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi there, my first post on this site, but i regulary read the interesting posts from others.
Does anyone fit the cheaper plastic consumer units?
I fit them from time to time as required in my current position but i was wondering what anyone else does to maintain the IP rating when using the pre-formed knockouts on the sides of these consumer units for the tail entry?
I was used to fitting metal clad only with a gland in my previous employment, so these are a bit of a come down for me in terms of quality.
Thank`s for any replies/suggestions

cant remember the name of it but if i need to maintain ip4x i just use some of that brown sticky stuff thats wrapped in grease proof paper and splodge that in

cant remember the name of it but if i need to maintain ip4x i just use some of that brown sticky stuff thats wrapped in grease proof paper and splodge that in

that brings back memories , i used that to waterproof terminals in motors once .
the motors were submerged for a couple of weeks due to flooding when they came back from rewinding that was the the chosen method to protect the terms

Reply to cheap consumer units in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, The `power went out throughout the house this afternoon but only to the sockets, the lighting circuits are all fine. I went to the consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm not a spark but know enough to be able to install off grid solar etc. I've just purchased a new house and have noticed the consumer...
Replies
Views
I had a PV system installed by a local reputable manufacturer last autumn; since then, I've received conflicting advice regarding the consumer...
Replies
Views
Just looking to see if anyone’s had a similar job or has any other ideas. Got a consumer unit to upgrade, the current one is fitted inside an...
Replies
Views
I live in a flat in Scotland supplied with an old 2 meter system called THTC where one meter using a time signal supplied heating and hot water...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock