Discuss City and Guilds 2394/5 written exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I have just finished my 2394/5 combined course and passed all sections , I have done both my written exams and now I am waiting 4 the results of them which I've been told will take around 6 weeks !

I am just wondering if anybody on here has any inside information on a rough guide what the pass grade is out of 90 points ?

Hi Danny and welcome to the forum, I have moved your thread here where hopeully it will get a better response.

Hi I have just finished my 2394/5 combined course and passed all sections , I have done both my written exams and now I am waiting 4 the results of them which I've been told will take around 6 weeks !

I am just wondering if anybody on here has any inside information on a rough guide what the pass grade is out of 90 points ?

If I remember what my lecturer told me right, it's about 70% I think, although only a C&G marker would know for sure.
I do remember getting told that the markers only get a certain amount of money per paper and are aiming to mark around 8 an hour, so a fair bit of skimming can come into play. However, if glaring errors in fundamental areas are evident, a very close eye gets cast over the paper.

How did you feel you did ? If you feel you totally crashed then you probably did. If you are not too sure then you probably passed but wait and see. If you think you nailed it, chances are you did.

I didn't feel to good about the initial (2394) but I feel ok about periodic (2395)

To be honest I will be happy to pass one out of the two then at least I only have to worry about re-sitting the one rather that the both of them lol

When i did mine we were only told the pass percentage for the online exam.

I received an email from my college confirming both writtens passed about 8 weeks after.

Still waiting for my certificate to come through though. Been months now.

Good luck with your results. :)

Reply to City and Guilds 2394/5 written exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net