Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Clamp meter that will measure milli amps in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Afternoon all. I’m looking to invest in a clamp meter but want want that will measure milli amps (nuisance tripping etc). The megger 305 seems the best about; is there any others out there? TIA.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
So is that one any good then?
You get what you pay for.
(Drop unknowns on the floor = drift)
( compare with a "Known" situation at home for some stability )
But you could pay for quality - and have it banging about in the van -little used for years !
(With all this DC type RCD/RCBO changes ,I'm still unsure what is around the corner)

David Prosser

-
Arms
Esteemed

ElectroChem

-
Arms
@Haworth
Just in case you didn't realise, David is having a bit of fun with that recommendation. Don't clamp a 771 around an AC line, it... won't appreciate it.

As for AC leakage clamps, I use an AEMC model 565. It has a high range to 100A AC, low range to tens of microamps.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
View attachment 51091View attachment 51092

I use one of these. Being able to move the clip separately is handy. Just make sure it pointed in the right direction. I often couple it up with the other one for signal faults, Fluke-709 | Fluke 709 Multi Function Calibrator | RS Components - https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/multi-function-calibrators/7769529/ . Very handy if you carry out fault findingView attachment 51091View attachment 51092 on your own.
just seen the price.could buy a van and a MFT for less.

oracle

-
Arms
Esteemed
My current clamps are :
fluke clamp 1:1000 ratio producing 150A from150mA DMM output
Fluke 360 reading from 1uA to 60A brilliant for tracing fault currents.

29AD4CEC-38F0-4A93-80EE-0EBC3A477F1D.jpegCFD2656E-5387-4ABF-B1EC-046B376AD26B.jpeg

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Clamp meter that will measure milli amps in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom