Discuss Combi boiler wiring - C1 or C2? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pretty Mouth

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A combi boiler is wired into a plug, which is plugged into a single socket. The Nest receiver, controlling the heating (heat link I think they call it), is wired into a separate plug, which is plugged into a socket on another circuit.

So 2 circuits interlinked, a minimum C2.

However, could this also create a 'widowmaker', where unplugging either of the plugs, while the other is still energised, would leave the pins live?

It is only a problem if the supply from the heat link is looped to the relay in the heat link.

if the heat link supply is only used to power the unit and the boiler is connected Only to the volt free contacts (relay) then it is not a danger.
however a sticker to remind service people to isolate at both supply’s would be a good addition.

It is only a problem if the supply from the heat link is looped to the relay in the heat link.

if the heat link supply is only used to power the unit and the boiler is connected Only to the volt free contacts (relay) then it is not a danger.
however a sticker to remind service people to isolate at both supply’s would be a good addition.
Thanks @James . Looking closely at the wiring diagram, I see what you mean now. Possibly no code. I'll have to go back for a closer look.

Reply to Combi boiler wiring - C1 or C2? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi folks, I'd like to get my Nest thermostat up and running with the gas combi boiler (Worcester Greenstar HIghflow 440 Standalone). FYI - I...
Replies
Views
It's a worcester combi boiler with heating / hot water connected to the low rate economy 7. There is a nest thermostat controlling the...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a vending hot drinks machine 2.9kW that has a thermostatically controlled hot water tank permanently attached to a water supply...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock