Discuss Confused in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SparkyM8yk

Hi guys..

Can an anybody advise to my best route to becoming fully qualified. I completed my 2330 level 2 a couple of years ago and have 4 years experience in the industry. Looking to get my gold card..

many thanks
matt

Hi guys..

Can an anybody advise to my best route to becoming fully qualified. I completed my 2330 level 2 a couple of years ago and have 4 years experience in the industry. Looking to get my gold card..

many thanks
matt
if you can find an employer to take you on for an apprentaship so you can do the 2357 nvq diploma.

bassically this is one course that is the equivilent of 2330 level 2+3 and the nvq 2356

i did my 2330 lvl2+3 then started on the 2357 and did a bridging unit before i did my portfolio for the nvq

(the nvq includes the am2)

No It doesn't. His knowledge will be assessed against the requrements of level 3.
if you read into it there are tests if you dont have some of the requirements one of them is a recommended several years experience
acf489de6a6554e93b42172b227d0708.jpg

would you say a level 2 course is relevent technical certificate?

The qualification is designed solely for those experienced persons who are/have been working in the electrotechnical industry as practicing electricians for a minimum of 5 years and who can demonstrate their technical knowledge, performance and competence to the industry standards at Level 3 and in line with the current edition of the IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671.

The objective is that those persons who successfully complete this qualification will be judged to have met the eligibility requirements sufficient to apply for an Installation Electrician ECS Card from the JIB.

The qualification is for experienced operatives who are/have been working in the electrotechnical industry as practicing electricians for a minimum of 5 years who wish to have their competencies recognised by the JIB and hold an ECS card.

Units:
All units must be completed:
ET3-001 Ensure Safe Site Working
ET3-002 Provide Technical and Functional Information
ET3-004 Maintain a Healthy and Safe Working Environment
ET3-011 Diagnose and Correct Faults in Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment
ET3-012 Prepare to Install Electrical Wiring Systems, Wiring Enclosures and Equipment
ET3-013 Install Electrical Wiring Systems, Wiring Enclosures and Equipment
ET3-014 Connect Wiring Systems and Equipment using Safe and Approved Methods
ET3-015 Inspect, Test and Commission an Electrical Installation
EOC3/001 Electrotechnical Occupational Competence (AM 2)

Where “Expert Witnesses” are used in the assessment process they must be:
Sector competent individuals who can attest to the learner's performance in the workplace.
A qualified assessor must assess the performance evidence provided by an expert witness.
Evidence from expert witnesses must meet the tests of validity, reliability, authenticity and sufficiency.
Expert witnesses will need to demonstrate:
• they have relevant current knowledge of industry working practices and techniques,
• they have no conflict of interest in the outcome of their evidence.

This qualification is designed to take into account the existing qualifications and experience of the experienced worker. However, irrespective of the knowledge evidence presented, the assessment centre must be able to show through auditable evidence that the candidate has fully satisfied the knowledge requirements of each unit.
The candidate will also be expected to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of the current industry requirements with respect to the IET Wiring Regulations and inspection and testing. Candidates must also be able to provide sufficient valid and authentic evidence from site of their previous work to demonstrate that they can fully meet the performance requirements within each unit of this qualification.

if you read into it there are tests if you dont have some of the requirements one of them is a recommended several years experience
acf489de6a6554e93b42172b227d0708.jpg

would you say a level 2 course is relevent technical certificate?

He is at an advantage having his level 2, as I know someone who has gone down this route and only holds his 17th! But been in the game for 20+ years. The provider set him extra knowledge units as he doesn't hold any relevant tech Certs.

It's like watching tennis with you 2 back and forth :96: :rofl:

must say im still confused, my thought was there was an NVQ where you have site visits and build a portfolio to prove your knowledge and skills

must say im still confused, my thought was there was an NVQ where you have site visits and build a portfolio to prove your knowledge and skills

Yes there is look at post 6. Best bet would be to ring one of the providers. I can personally recommend quickstep as thats who I done my nvq3 with (not the mature candidate assessment mind you).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
cheers for the advice.. was it the 2357 course you did.. from what ive gathered theres the 2356 for mature experienced electricians and the 2357 which is an apprentaship so you need an employer.. was hoping there was another option for if I was classed as too inexperienced for the 2356 and cant get an employer

cheers for the advice.. was it the 2357 course you did.. from what ive gathered theres the 2356 for mature experienced electricians and the 2357 which is an apprentaship so you need an employer.. was hoping there was another option for if I was classed as too inexperienced for the 2356 and cant get an employer
yes i did the 2357.

i think you can do the nvq as self employed and get your supervisor on jobs to sign paperwork

Reply to Confused in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net