• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Connector block wiring and replace with Wago in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

suhel_a

DIY
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,

I am about to fit a light fitting and wanted some advice whether I should just connect the light cables into the correct terminal blocks or should I replace the terminal blocks with the Wago connectors?

I have attached a picture.

Any help would be really appreciated.

SalConnector block wiring and replace with Wago IMG_2506 - EletriciansForums.net9

Does the fitting encase the connectors, if so, either will do.

If metal, it will probably need to be earthed.

Does the fitting encase the connectors, if so, either will do.

If metal, it will probably need to be earthed.

Thank you for the prompt reply, much appreciated.

The light fitting is metal and it does encase the connectors yes I will make sure it is earthed.

If all seems okay then there's no reason to change the block for the wago connectors.

Thank you.

Sal

Reply to Connector block wiring and replace with Wago in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Advice

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back