Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yes I have not filled my car up since March, very cheap to run at the moment, except I still had to pay my Road Tax. Somewhere I have a similar picture of my dashboard with the outside temperature at -22 degs.

There was a Twitter rumour going around last week that graffiti artist Banksy was actually Neil Buchanan from 90’s kids show Art Attack.... Neil has denied this rumour, as his own Twitter feed cant keep up with the influx of posts.

So it’s not him.... who else?
I have an idea......”Can you tell what it is yet?”
[automerge]1599580738[/automerge]
Is this to ensure social distancing?
Round here they just stick "out of order" tape across every second one

Last edited:
For those who know Scotland, wee Nicola closed down Glasgow, West Dunbartonshire and East Renfrewshire a few days ago. This meant I couldn't visit my daughter to install the new hall light fitting she had bought online...except as I never watch the News, I didn't know. The good bit is the light fitting was well made and fitting was simple. The hall cupboard light was a lampholder with a 40W lamp on the end of a bit if T&E coming through a hole in the plaster ceiling. Hmmm....wonder if there's any slack in that?
Yes, about 3 metres! Fixed it, went home, neighbour told me I was in breach of lockdown...(I live in East Dunbartonshire and daughter is in Glasgow).
Got a flight, flew to Spain yesterday...and East Dunbartonshire got lockdown at midnight, so I will have to stay here for , oh, 3 months?
Every cloud, as they say...

Your neighbour is being an ---.
Surely you are still allowed to go to work if all distancing and hygiene guidelines are adhered to?

the fact that the “job” is at a family members and you’ll maybe not get paid for it.... it’s still a job

My neighbour is an ---, but she would report me for breathing if she could. Plus, the lockdown rules are specific...no visiting other people, even family,in their homes.
[automerge]1599594215[/automerge]
The rules are very precise here/there in Scotland...but you can still go to the pub and mix with 100 other non-family members
[automerge]1599594471[/automerge]
Here in Spain you wear a mask at all times outwith your home...or the Guardia Civil will shoot you!
OK, not quite, but they are not friendly so you don't joke with them.
[automerge]1599594578[/automerge]
The rules are very precise here/there in Scotland...but you can still go to the pub and mix with 100 other non-family members

Last edited:
Your neighbour is being an ---.
Surely you are still allowed to go to work if all distancing and hygiene guidelines are adhered to?

the fact that the “job” is at a family members and you’ll maybe not get paid for it.... it’s still a job

Invoice them a pound, keeps everything above board.

Today's police constable amid Manchester's rising skyline!
''There's more than six of you and I'm not having it you're all brothers. It's got to be a fine each lads''

Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) police - EletriciansForums.net

It does look suspect and it does say 'flank wall' but how could we be sure of ascertaining it's painted with such a small photo?

It does look suspect and it does say 'flank wall' but how could we be sure of ascertaining it's painted with such a small photo?
I did not want to make it too easy and this is a lighthearted thread.

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock