Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sorry for the serious post, but thought you guys may be interested:

There is a 24 hour test called a pcr test, (polymerase chain reaction _ which means that is the molecular biology technique used to amplify up the number of copies of the viral RNA- if any present - on the swabs taken from your nasal mucosa and from behind your tonsils) It is a test which will make your eyes water and initiate your gag reflex if it is done properly. If there are any viral RNA copies i.e. virus present, then the pcr test should amplify them up and you would get a positive pcr test result or a negative one if no viral RNA in the original sample.
The lateral flow test is a rapid test which, as I understand it, relies on the presence or absence of an antibody to a portion of the virus i.e. you have or have not been exposed and your immune system is or is not producing antibodies which can recognise a viral epitope (a piece of the virus). However there are many different pieces of the virus, the ones which we are most concerned about are the ‘spike protein’s which the virus uses to bind to ACE receptors (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme) receptors which are present on many different cell types including those in the pulmonary epithelium and on the vascular endothelium, in order to gain entry to cells and infect them prior to viral reproduction, exocytosis and cell death.
The antigen/antibody reaction tests take between 15 minutes to two hours, whereas the pcr tests take 24 hours because the technologies are different.
The pcr tests (chain reaction = amplification) are much more sensitive but apparently more accurate, the antibody/ antigen tests are quicker but sadly apparently less reliable.

Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke?
I can answer that one. I'm diabetic so I can eat the burgers but can't drink normal coke due to the high sugar levels. I have to have diet coke as there's no sugar in it

Its the gym users, standing outside after their "heavy workout" with a can of diet coke in one hand and a smoke in the other that i dont understand.
me neither. diet coke??? should be a pint of ale .

Lost and found...

Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) mil - EletriciansForums.net

I thought you were more a brandy and a cigar type person ?
mot keen on brandy. prefer JD, Jameson's , or Bushmills. last cigar i smoked was when son was born, 1985.

corona bin round for 2000 years, same as richard branson

3 Why didn’t Mary and Joseph make it to Bethlehem?

All Virgin flights were cancelled.

Why can’t Boris Johnson make his Christmas cake until the last minute? He doesn’t know how many tiers it should have.

just was wondering why i has so many full stops, commas and apostrophies in my replies.

then i wiped the smoke ash off the screen

old lady lives alone. struggling to work out how to start on a new jigsaw.
phones her neighbour and tells him she hasn't got a clue where to start. if you can come and help, i'll do you some breakfast.
OK says the neighbour, what's the jigsaw picture on the box?
a red rooster, she says.
so he ambles over takes a look and tells her there's no way we can get this done as a jigsaw.
now, let's put the cornflakes back in the box and have that breakfast.

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock