Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

First thing this morning I was stung by a wasp on my right thumb whilst trying to put the thing out of the bedroom window, it hurt, so into the bathroom and the antihistamine cream was applied, worked fine, the medication said apply every three hours, after a few hours the sting came back so thought go and use a bit more, I can quite categorically say that if you go back to the bathroom without your glass's on the Germoloids cream does not help.

Flipping wasps. Hate the little bar stewards

Hold the stung area in vinegar.
Good call, it is an easier way too soothe it than holding the wasp under vinegar.

Have to admit whilst eating outside watching the wasps cut up the left over meat on a plate and trying to take off is very entertaining especially if it's been a bit of a liquid lunch, when they get it wrong and cut off too much it's very funny watching them fly around in circles to try and gain height.

We also have very large hornets and contrary to popular belief they are quite docile, I re-pointed a chimney last year with them in and they completely ignored me as long as I ignored them.
But them I am quite tolerant of visitors.
Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) DSC00445 - EletriciansForums.net

Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) France - 1 of 1 - EletriciansForums.net

Yes , they get used to you, and if you are not a threat to them they will leave you alone.
Worst thing you can do is wave your arms around trying to swat them.

Edit. Pleased to say we are getting quite a lot of Bumble bees this year up to now.
Not seeing many honey bees though.

Our UK place is rustic flint and the Honey Bees love the holes in the flints to store their honey, but the robber bees are very vigilant waiting for them to leave the store.

"Dad, can you pop over here and stick up these new ceiling lights I got from Argos?"
Me: "No!"

After further discussion, she is getting rid of 2 plastic pendants and replacing them with two 3-spot fittings, circular metal thingies. Oh joy...what will i find?

Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) ceiling rose 1 - EletriciansForums.net

Well, that's a good start...
Nowhere to "park" the cpc in the rose, but maybe...just maybe they didn't cut it off above the ceiling?

Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) ceiling rose 2 - EletriciansForums.net

Oh well, better than I expected! I wonder if it's connected at the CU? I'll let you know.

I guess it was just a slip that the installer cut the blue wire to the pendant and took the obvious alternative route...but a wee bit of blue tape would've been nice, albeit the situation is perfectly clear. However, a short length of new flex would have been a better solution. The brown wire has its insulation "nicked" too, though it's not that clear in the photo.

I guess it was just a slip that the installer cut the blue wire to the pendant and took the obvious alternative route...but a wee bit of blue tape would've been nice, albeit the situation is perfectly clear. However, a short length of new flex would have been a better solution. The brown wire has its insulation "nicked" too, though it's not that clear in the photo.
Been up there long enough that you have plausible deniability, I assume? ?

Plausible deniability or not, I've never been in there before, so it wisnae me, m'lud!

here's a pic of the new fitting, and it's not bad, considering how awful some of them are.
Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) ceiling rose 3 - EletriciansForums.net

usual cpc to "tag" on base, into block and with a fly lead to the mounting bracket as well, taken from a bolt holding one of the lampholders. It's also a decent diameter, allowing a fair degree of positioning over the original rose position. TBH, not bad really.

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock