Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nope, Tel...led GU10s, 100° beam angle, 5.5W...I've not had that wide beam angle before, just the usual 36 or 38° so I'm interested to see how they perform.

Plausible deniability or not, I've never been in there before, so it wisnae me, m'lud!

here's a pic of the new fitting, and it's not bad, considering how awful some of them are.
View attachment 85540

usual cpc to "tag" on base, into block and with a fly lead to the mounting bracket as well, taken from a bolt holding one of the lampholders. It's also a decent diameter, allowing a fair degree of positioning over the original rose position. TBH, not bad really.
Yep - seen a lot worse - with smaller 'roses' that style of terminal blocks is often unusable, since the existing cable is too short to reach far enough away from the ceiling to connect to the terminals with a screwdriver.... So you end up adding tails and not enough space in the rose for existing cables, so end up hacking the ceiling out to fit a wago lite or similar in there...grrr

Wish these light fittings would switch over to quick fit terminals, cost would likely be pennies these days if that.

Meanwhile...
50554.jpg

Attachments

• 50554.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2
COVID, people.
I had my first at 11 this morning... didn’t feel a thing. Took the afternoon off and watched telly.
9:30 pm tonight.... got the shivers. Legs are jelly... ache in between my shoulder blades.
I know side effects are normal up to 24 hours later....
Did anyone else get knocked down with the first jab?

(that’s not a boxing pun)

COVID, people.
I had my first at 11 this morning... didn’t feel a thing. Took the afternoon off and watched telly.
9:30 pm tonight.... got the shivers. Legs are jelly... ache in between my shoulder blades.
I know side effects are normal up to 24 hours later....
Did anyone else get knocked down with the first jab?

(that’s not a boxing pun)
Me. Very similar. Lasted 24 hours then I was fine.

You'll be pleased to know that based on people I know it seems to be the second jab that knocks more people out (mine is booked for June). Only seems lasts 24-36 hours though...

2nd jab last Saturday. Didn't even feel the needle for the first one, and no after effects whatsoever. Felt the second needle a little, but again, absolutely nothing afterwards. Can't even determine exactly where the needle went in.

Would be interesting to compare if the jabs you had where the Astra Zenica or Pfizer, I had the Pfizer jab and the first gave me an achy arm the day after, the second jab no problem on the day, but very wobbly the day after, it does seem the Astra jab is not as intrusive with side effects.

I was stabbed with the Astra felt rough from about 12 hours later to 30 hours.
mine was on a Friday so I managed to milk it for sympathy all weekend though.

I've had the first jab and just had an achy arm the day after. Could barely feel the needle. This was the Moderna one.

i had the Astra. jabs 2nd one 10 days ago. no side effects from either. ( apart from the 6 fingers on myleft hand ).

i can't even play a 4 string guitar. my musical abilities on a 1 - 10 scale rank -10. music teacher at school (many moons ago) said I'd never have any musical talent as long as I had hole in my arse. (but I can fart a passable version of Smoke on the Water).

My surgery phoned me up today to make an appointment for my 2nd jab. I couldn't do it this week (I'm in Nottinghamshire, surgery in S.Wales) so I'm booked in for Thursday next week. I'm on the Astra one. I wonder if the micro chip has a digital readout like my old Astra GTE had ?

My surgery phoned me up today to make an appointment for my 2nd jab. I couldn't do it this week (I'm in Nottinghamshire, surgery in S.Wales) so I'm booked in for Thursday next week. I'm on the Astra one. I wonder if the micro chip has a digital readout like my old Astra GTE had ?

My mate had a red GTE. I remember two things about it, 1. it always had electrical problems and 2. that digital display! It was like Knight Rider - very advanced for the time.

Mine was red, apart from the spoiler which had faded to Vauxhall pink. I liked the dash. A real talking point with the girls at the time :) I remember seeing 127mph on it once. Ah, those were the says. Only problem was when one of the lamps went behind the display and you couldn't see a thing.

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net